•CH 6: Daniya•

"Being average is boring"

-Maya Cooper

••••

Aliah's POV
(A/N I miss writing her name 😭)

I was making breakfast when Saïd rang me, completely out of nowhere.

"Calm down." I interupted him after he was rambling on about some things that had happened.

We were at his place yesterday, for diner. It was the first time I saw my brother since we moved to Chicago. He moved to Chicago way before we did so we never had the time to catch up.

"Aliah you don't understand!" Saïd replied annoyed, annoyed because I didn't understand what he was trying to tell me.

"Then make me understand and stop rambling." I said changing the phone from ear.

"Natasha" He started. His voice was shaking, he didn't know how to bring out the words and took a break every two seconds.

"What Natasha?" I asked, thinking of a person called Natasha Saïd must've known.

"Natasha from 18 years ago Aliah."

Of course, how could I forget about her?

The girl that my brother was with, 18 years ago.

The girl that was pregnant with my brother's child.

The girl that lost her child and blamed my brother for everything.

"Yeah okay what about her?" I asked confused, not sure what he was trying to tell me.

I sat down on the couch with a sandwich I made for myself and Harris. The kids were at school, so we had some quality time.

"Who is it?" Harris whispered, sitting down besides me.

The maids that came every morning interrupted us. Harris jumped up when he saw the shocked expression on my face and told the maids to start upstairs.

He told me everything.. What happened before diner yesterday.

Harris sat back down again as I slowly moved the phone away from my ear and pressed the red button.

I threw the phone on the table and leaned back.

"I can't believe it." I whispered in total denial.

"Honey what is it?" Harris asked, cupping my cheek with his hand.

I brushed my hair back with my fingers and took a deep breath.

"My nephew." I started.

"Is Adam okay?" Harris asked, grabbing my hand.

"Oh yeah Adam is fine." I replied.

"So what nephew are you talking about? You only have-" Harris stopped talking and narrowed his eyes. Probably realising what Saïd had told me.

He released my hand and ran his fingers through his hair himself. The lines on his forehead softened as he placed his hand on his mouth.

"His name is Max." I said making eye contact with Harris. "Natasha never lost her child 18 years ago, she lied." I added.

..

Maya's POV

"So you thought about it?" Sameed whispered in my ear as he sneaked up to me from behind.

"Yes." I replied, raising my eyebrows.

I turned around and looked into his deep blue eyes. His eyes got me everytime, whenever I looked into them, I wasn't able to look away.