•CH 19: Remember•

Well well, would you look at that, apparently I had another chapter already pre-written.

Have fun!

~~

Maya's POV

I looked at the letter once again, rereading just to make sure I wasn't imagining it. My father bought me a gym. My father bought me a freaking gym.

Never had a present brought me this much joy.

I need to thank him, I whispered in disbelief. I jumped up, still confused and made my way to the door. I ran downstairs with the letter in my right hand and tried my best not to trip. I jumped in my fathers arms as soon as I saw him downstairs.

"You bought me a freaking gym", I asked. I still wasn't believing it. What father would buy his daughter a gym.

Imagine him being like 'it's a prank', lol I would die.

"You're welcome," he chuckled, "but," he followed.

And there it was, the famously 'but'.

I released my grip and took a step back. I didn't say a word because I was afraid that he would take away the happiness I was feeling right this moment.

He gave me that happiness so I guess he also has the rights to take it back.

"No I'm joking", he said holding me by my shoulders, "the gym is yours, bought from the previous owner of the building. Actually-", he turned around and grabbed a set of keys, "-you can keep the gym as it is now or you can withhold the property for future preferences, it's your choice".

He grabbed my hand and placed the keys in it. "As you're still underage, I will be the official owner until you turn 18 but you have complete control".

My dad eventually smiled as he waited for an answer. Of course this was a dream come true but it was a lot to take in.

I was thinking of the guy that insulted my father the other day for buying the gym and all the gossip that went along with it. While that was going on he was unexpectedly buying the gym for my birthday. I was in total control of what would happen to the only decent gym in town and in some way that started to trigger my anxiety.

"Uhm- wow," I said trying to find the perfect words. I knew what I wanted to do with the gym and I was certain as soon as my father did his say but I was somehow scared that he maybe had other ideas.

I knew deep down what I wanted so I finally spoke.

"I'm not touching the building-" I smiled "-a gym is perfect," I said.

Dad also smiled, "perfect," he said.

Mom eventually interfered when decisions were made, "Amazing, everyone's happy," she smiled, "Maya, your father will arrange everything for now, as soon as your old enough the gym will be your responsibility. Okay?"

I nodded enthusiastically.

I had my own gym. My own freaking gym.

"Now, diner's ready, let's eat." Mom said.

I went back upstairs after diner impatiently wanting to tell Daniya what had happened. The surprise was so overwhelming that I completely forgot about yesterdays event.

Daniya didn't respond as enthusiastic as I was. She congratulated me but that was it.

I could hear she was holding something back from me. What happened yesterday and why wasn't I able to remember anything. The happiness I had endured today was short-lived. When Daniya started talking, the evening came back piece by piece.

"Someone must have drugged you accidentally." She took a brief break waiting for me to remember.

I did, but only a few snapshots.

I remember going to the Christmas market with Sameed. Daniya ditching me. Sameed ditching me. And then Max finding me. I must have drank something while I was there. But anything after that was a blank space.

I asked her, I asked Daniya what had happened after Max found me but she didn't know as she had already left me. The anger I felt towards her came flooding back. She had forced Sameed on me by leaving me alone with him.

We both didn't utter a word until Daniya broke the silence. She must have realized that I was remembering while being quiet.

"If you remember that means you remember how angry you were. Before you're going to say anything I need you to know what Sameeds intentions were, what he said right before you passed out."

I was afraid, afraid of the happiness being taken away from me. Anyone was able to do that and that person wasn't my father. It was Daniya.

I was already cracked but Sameeds real intentions made sure every cracked piece was falling down. He did the one thing I was most afraid of, breaking my trust.

I was angry.

Angry, terrified and lonely.

I hung up on Daniya after she told me everything. I was already lonely so why did I break contact with the only person who was genuinely helping and supporting me. Now, I wasn't just lonely, I was alone also.

I wanted to strangle Sameed with my own bare hands, I wanted him to suffer. Nothing he said after those four words mattered to me. He was dead to me.

As soon as those three emotions faded away, the biggest emotion took over. The one emotion that could not only destroy every confident thing that person has left inside him, but also put back the walls she had once taken down for someone.

Sadness.

But fear not, after every sadness, a weakened heart would gather his strength to hit back harder.

•••

Men are trash.

That's all I have to say today.

Have a nice day GIRLS ❤️

-TheSecretWriter