•CH 18: Current day & life update•

For all the people that are too lazy to read the previous chapters again and too forgetful to remember what happened before:

Max is the guy who might be related to Maya
Maya is Harris Cooper's daughter
Sameed is the male friend she met at school
Daniya is the female friend she met at school

They went to a Christmas market to celebrate Maya's birthday. (Max not included) She woke up with a huge headache after that night.

The following piece of the story is one from chapter 14 which is the day of Maya's birthday. I included a part of that chapter in this one so everyone can have a view of where we left off exactly. It's been a while fam, but maybe I'll start writing again.

-Thesecretwriter

•••

"Anyway, I'll start lunch." Mom said as soon as we started talking about work.

She got up and made her way downstairs. My brother joined her, leaving dad and I alone in the room.

All this time, my phone was still on the ground, without me knowing if my screen survived or not.

I was staring at my father as he also got up. He grabbed my phone to check the damage that was done.

"Your phone is fine," He said handing it over.

"Thank God," I smiled.

He sat down besides me, not uttering a single word. Instead, he pulled out an envelope and handed it over.

"Happy birthday sweetheart," He said kissing my forehead once again as I grabbed the envelope out of his hand.

He then left without saying another word, closing the door behind him.

I took a deep breath before opening the envelope. I told them to never buy me things I didn't need, so this probably was a letter from him being all cute and cheesy. Boy was I wrong.

The paper was lighter than a regular A4 paper size and it wasn't a hand written letter. I started reading and slowly realized that this was a contract, signed by my father in my name.

"MaCo's gym?" I whispered, "what is MaCo's gym?"

It didn't take long before my brain-less-head realized what I was holding.

"No way." I screamed in disbelief as soon as I read the old gym's name.

•••

Life update on chapter 14

Short Q&A

Why am I not updating anymore?

•I recently started working (AlHamdulillah) so I don't have the time or energy to write anymore. If I update it's because I feel pressured to not because I want to.•

Soooo I actually stopped working after a year because the management was a pain in the ass (sorry for my language). Okay so that's that.

Will I be updating again?

•I'll do my best! But I don't think you'll see any new chapters from me anytime soon. Maybe when I get used to working everyday. We'll see in'Shaa'Allah.•

I will be writing again because I'm starting to miss everyone on here. It's now January first, I don't know how long it's going to take before I start updating again but I'm giving you all permission to annoy me until I do 🤪

See ya soon WattpadFam