•CH 11: Busted•

"I just need to let go and move on."

-Max

••••

Max's POV

"Look I don't have time actually and I don't really need tutoring."

This Daniya chick kept asking me when our first tuition would be. I don't need tutoring obviously, but if I say that, she'll force me to tell the truth.

"Okay so why did you lie?" She asked, placing one hand on her hip, waiting for me to give her a valid explanation.

I closed my locker, breathing in deeply out of frustration.

"You're not very shy, are you?" An annoyed fake smile appeared on my face.

I heard that she was the kind of girl who was scared to open her mouth, someone who was afraid of what people would say about her.

"I mean I heard you're quite afraid of someone in particular," I added, looking at Jamila, who was also at her locker with her other 2 friends.

She followed my eyes, looking at Jamila and immediately back at me.

"You're a jerk," she said, eyes filled with anger.

I followed her with my eyes as she left. I shouldn't have said that, but she would at least leave me alone now.

I closed my locker and made my way out of the school building, walking towards the bus stop.

Still broke, if you were wondering.

As I was walking, minding my own business, I noticed Maya walking the same direction, a few feet away from me.

Should I talk to her?

Should I accompany her home?

Where was her rich father with his fancy ass car?

Before I could even make up my mind, I saw her walk back, to where all the cars were parked. Maybe her daddy showed up after all.

What a joke.

Of course she was meeting with Sameed.

What the fuck man.

I practice her religion better than she does.

I'm not jealous, I couldn't care less, but if there's one thing all Sameed ever cared about, is getting to me through other people. That guy is obsessed with me, why won't she see that.

Such a naive little girl. She'll figure out soon what that guy is up to, mark my words.

I turned around and continued walking, I can't miss my bus because of her. She wasn't my cousin apearantly, so I just need to stop sticking my nose into things that obviously weren't my business.

Maya's POV

"Dad?" I shockingly said when I saw him staring at me in the angriest way possible. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

He approached us and raised his eyebrows, "What am I doing here? How dare you ask me that question?" He said.

I'm in so much trouble.

"So do you want a tour or?" Another guy said, joining us.

My dad placed his finger on his mouth, indicating for us to not say a single word.

He turned around and faced the guy, who was wearing a simple shirt and shorts.

"I'm sorry sir, but I need to get going now, meet me at work another day? I'll let my assistant call you for our next appointment." Dad smiled.