•CH 13: The purchase•

••••

Harris' POV

"So it's done?"

"Yes sir, the gym is yours."

"Amazing"

I offered my hand for him to shake and closed the deal.

Maya's POV

"So I guess your father told you to not come near me again as you've been ignoring me the entire week."

Sameed was following me while I was on my way back home. Dad couldn't pick me up, he was probably drowning in work, and mom was busy with the little ones and was around Saïd's place a lot. Something was wrong with uncle Saïd, mom was spending so much more time with him.

Sameed was right behind me, the sound of his footsteps getting louder and louder. It was only a matter of time before he caught up with me. The busstop felt like an impossible destination to reach. My father would never forbid me to hang out with someone, rather he would act in some way so people would distant themself from me.

Suddenly, my breath hitched as soon as he grabbed my shoulder from behind.

I cleared my throat and turned around, "Sorry?" I said, shaking his hand off my shoulder. I smiled widely, giving him the thought I didn't hear him. His expression was one I hadn't seen before, something was bothering him.

"Hmm" he replied.

"What?" I scoffed, "I really didn't hear you."

His expression didn't change, his eyes were glued onto mine and his hands tucked into his jeans pockets.

"I thought we had a great time?" He questioned, not sure why I was acting weirdly.

"Of course, it just feels wrong you know." I replied, looking over my shoulder, making sure the buss wouldn't pass by.

"But we're not doing anything wrong so-?" He replied, still unsure about the way I was acting.

His eyes were trying to find mine, but I refused to look into his again.

"Right," I nonchalantly replied.

"Okay so now that you got over yourself, can you maybe explain why your father is bying the gym I always go to?" I immediately looked up, meeting his eyes as soon as he mentioned my father.

And there it was, the reason why he was so fed up. It wasn't because I was avoiding him the past few days, but because he had heard some stuff about my father.

"What?!" I asked suprised. I had no clue what he was talking about.

As I wasn't surprised about Sameed's question already, I saw a guy approach us, joining the conversation uninvited.

"Your rich ass father is probably going to turn the gym into a parkinglot or destroy it and build another office there."

I scoffed at the guy's choice of words, how could he talk about my father like that?

"How did you call my father?" I asked.

I could feel tears sting in the back of my eyes, chiefly out of anger.

"Okay easy now, she probably doesn't even know what her father is up to." Sameed added, defending me in an unusual way.

"First of all, never and I repeat never," I started shouting, making other people turn heads. "Call my father an ass again, got it?" I replied.

It didn't take long before many other people joined, trying to figure out why the headscarfed girl was yelling.

"I hope for you that he will not close the only gym that has decent basketball courts" He threatened.