•CH 16: The night before -pt2•

For all the people that are too lazy to read the previous chapters again and too forgetful to remember what happened before:

Max is the guy who might be related to Maya
Maya is Harris Cooper's daughter
Sameed is the male friend she met at school
Daniya is the female friend she met at school

They went to a Christmas market to celebrate Maya's birthday. (Max not included) She woke up with a huge headache after that night.

Yeah? Okay now have fun reading and don't complain again babes

•••

Maya's POV

I was hoping and praying I would spot a familiar face. Someone I knew, someone I could ran to and ask for them to take me far away from this place.

Well, the universe heard me, because that's exactly what I got. Kind of.

I spotted a familiar face but I couldn't ran into his arms and ask him to save me from this horrible night. I couldn't because the familiar face I spotted was Max's.

I sighed as soon as my brain acknowledged the fact that he wouldn't be able to help me. During this time I was staring at him without even realizing I was. His eyes eventually took a quick look around while he was laughing and enjoying his time with friends. It didn't take long until his eyes locked with mine. His smile faded and his visible teeth were now hidden behind 2 firmly closed lips. He frowned as he was unsure as to he could trust his eyes. He probably wasn't expecting me here. I immediately turned around and tried to find the closest bus-stop on my phone.

This night was a massive mistake.

Max's POV

"And then Max dove into the water," Alexander laughed as he was telling everyone one of the most embarrassing time of my life. My friends all laughed at me, pushing me aside for my stupid decision back then. I laughed along until my eyes met a special someone. It took me a few seconds before I realized it was her. What was she doing here?

Isn't she like Muslim?

Even though I was more than 8 feet away from her, I could clearly see in her eyes that she was lost.

Confused.

It looked like she was waiting for someone familiar to find her. 

I took a quick look around to see if she was here with someone I knew.

No one. Nobody was around. She was alone at a Christmas market where alcohol was the main beverage.

I contemplated whether I should say hi and ask her if she was alright or just continue hanging out with my friends.

I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if something happened to her.

"Hey guys, I'll be right back okay?" I said while walking off. I received some confused looks but they quickly shrugged it off.

I was slowly approaching Maya while thinking about what I should possibly say to her.

"Hey are you okay?" I internally whispered.

No, too much.

"Hey what are you doing here?"

Nah, too nonchalant.

"Hey Maya great to see you."

Yeah no. I'll just go with the first one.

I cleared my throat when I was standing behind her. Her sudden tilted head made me realize she had heard me.