|12

Cotillion Part 1/4
[Note at the end!]

   TODAY WOULD BE A VERY EMOTIONAL OCCASION

TODAY WOULD BE A VERY EMOTIONAL OCCASION. All of Auradon was coming together to honor King Ben and his soon to be queen, Mal. As far as I knew she was still on the Isle. Nobody seemed concerned, though, as to what the purple haired girl was up to.

Living in Auradon's spotlight was difficult for Mal -- everybody knew that. Everyone also knew that she adored Ben. But for her to be missing on the day of her coronation celebration was worrisome.

Maybe she missed the Isle. Or Harry.

Jealousy gnawed at my stomach. Just the thought of someone else with Harry left a bitter taste in my mouth. Harry never once dated Uma because he was just a member of her crew. It was obvious that Uma liked him, though. Who wouldn't? He's tall, and menacingly handsome with a sharp jawline that made pirate swords seem dull. His voice was silky smooth and effortlessly charming. He moved with a flamboyant confidence, which only made fall even harder for him.

He's a unique, one of a kind guy. Although he didn't live in a castle, drive a luxury car, or wear expensive clothes, he was perfect to me. Some may say I have low standards for liking a pirate. I believe that he set my standards way above any Auradon prince. He's made me feel things that I've never felt before. Love. Compassion. Excitement.

Harry hooked my heart with his pirate charm, quick wit, and devilishly handsome features. Besides, he was willing to betray the trust of his entire crew, who was practically family, in order to save me when I couldn't save myself. His heroic deed created everlasting shockwaves that impacted the entire Isle. Was Harry Hook the Isle's public enemy?

_ _ _ _ _ _

"Erina, it's almost time to go. Everyone's outside decorating and arranging the food tonight's Royal Cotillion!" Ally chimed, appearing in front of me within a cloud of iridescent pink smoke. There was no use in scolding her about her magic usage. She didn't care if the king prohibited magic, nothing could stop her from being her,

Her dress was a vivid mix of lavender, white, and hot pink stripes and swirls. Upon her feet, were petite, white heels with a thin strap over the tops of each foot. I couldn't help but laugh at how over the top she was at times. Her dress was as chaotic as she is, so it suited her perfectly. Her blonde curls were tied up in a high ponytail which brushed against the nape of her neck. She reminded me of these dolls I used to play with as a little girl. Oh how I hated those girly little things.

I decided to wear the most logical dress for this evening: the black gown with a sea of jewels upon the entire torso. It was dark and mysterious... exactly what I needed for tonight. While Ally looked like a walking doll, I would look like a queen. An evil, truly rotten to the core -- queen.