|17

A/N: Captain Hook is portrayed by Sebastian Stan :)

     Thank you to those who helped me through my writer's block

     Thank you to those who helped me through my writer's block. Because of you I was able to find the motivation to keep writing! <3
___________________________________

 Because of you I was able to find the motivation to keep writing! <3___________________________________

"DID YOU MISS THE ISLE? I KNOW WE weren't gone for very long but I missed it... despite everything that happened while I was here." It was so difficult to recall the past without dumping all the blame on him. He felt terrible enough without me antagonizing him.

A familiar smell of rotting garbage had settled in the dense, still air. It was hot and humid. We had to watch our step as we arrived in the city since the streets were overrun by rats.

     "Yes... I suppose. But I missed yeh more."

     I felt uneasy about being here. I no longer could rely on Harry's reputation to keep me safe. After the stunt he pulled — turning against his crew — I assumed he was a bigger target than me. Sure, there would still be people who feared him. Those same people wouldn't have a problem confronting him now that he betrayed them. We were on our own; unarmed and defenseless besides our combined wit and manpower.

     Casually strolling through the main strip of alleyways and run down buildings, I had to maneuver around broken slabs of cobblestone and potholes.

All around us were menacing faces. The faces of criminals and thieves of every degree. They all snickered and glared at us. Townspeople wore tattered and stained clothes that undoubtedly hid knives or even swords. Someone could jump out at us at any moment and we'd be in serious trouble.

     Harry and I looked like we'd just stepped off of a fairytale novel. Our hair was styled to perfection and our clothes were of the utmost regality. Harry, after enduring our nature hike through the woods, still looked dashing. He could easily be mistaken for a prince, and that was the case for a group of elderly men huddled around a small bonfire. Their clothes were covered in holes and mud. I guess any clothes were better than nothing — which was all some people had. Nothing.