|26

I AM NOTHING MORE THAN A VISIONARY WITH A DREAM

I AM NOTHING MORE THAN A VISIONARY WITH A DREAM. I don't care what you think of me as long as you obey. I acknowledge that I have odd methods, but they work. I know what life should be like and I understand that many things and creatures are inferior to me.

     In my position it is simply mercy. I know if I don't save them with the wonders of death, they will die in the horror of life.

— louraladirawolf13
♚ ♚ ♚ ♚

     Felix and I dashed through the city, knocking over trash cans, bumping into wagons and old carts; elbowing and shoving people out of our way. The two of us wailed, "Fire! The woods are on fire!" which raised a panic around us. It was as if these people couldn't tell that the trees were on fire. The Isle was always polluted with smoke, and likely always had something on fire. Mothers ran to gather their kids and grab their personal belongings before running away from the nearby woods.

We didn't bother to explain who created the fire. That wasn't important right now. All anybody needed to know was that there was a threat they needed to run from or else be barbecued by the prince of the underworld.

It was no longer a secret that the barrier was cracked. We'd hoped that those with power would step forward and fight Haden... but no one did. Even the baddest of the bad fear them and they had every right to.

Evacuation was important even though Haden wasn't after the entire Isle just yet. I knew he was after Harry, and he didn't mind burning down the entire city along the way. Word spread and soon enough civilians were helping each other and no longer needed us.

Felix and I began to communicate without words. We were too scared to speak and there wasn't much to be said anymore. We pointed to where we were going, or what we needed.

Upon arrival to Mr. Hook's property, we were greeted by piles of fallen trees ignited into tall bonfires. The entire house was surrounded; it was a warning to stay out.

As if the devil himself spoke, a low and powerful voice thundered from beyond the woods. His voice jolted my heart, causing my body to tremble. It sounded like Haden had spoken to us from the sky — he was virtually everywhere. We looked around expecting to see the demigod but he was nowhere to be found.

   "Erina. You can't run, princess." Haden was infuriated and growing more impatient every time he tried to remain calm.

He was right. I can't keep running. But I did, dodging flames that had spread to the front porch or Harry's house. Felix pounded his fists against the door hard enough to strain the hinges.