|15

Cotillion part 4/4
A/N: Just when you thought "oh yay this isn't one of those singing princess stories.. well, I improvised!
• • • • • •

   "THIS IS ALL HANDS ON DECK!" Everyone was on the edge of their seats

   "THIS IS ALL HANDS ON DECK!" Everyone was on the edge of their seats. Besides Harry and the VKs, not one person knew where I was headed with this song. I couldn't have been more thrilled.

     "Calling out to lost boys and girls. I'm gettin' tired of the disrespect!" I chanted, receiving a unanimous "Yeah!" from my closest allies. Everyone from King Beast and Queen Belle to my own parents were swaying to the beat. So oblivious. So naïve.

     "We won't stop 'til we rule the world!"

     I clutched the microphone between both of my hands and removed it from the stand. I knew there was no turning back. I was nervous but I couldn't let anyone see that.

  "It's our time, we are next!" I glanced over to Harry, who was nodding along in approval. I could tell that he was proud of me for representing the children of the Isle. "Our sail's about to be set! Ain't seen nothin' yet!" I sang powerfully, catching everyone by surprise with my melodious voice.

    As if on cue, I heard an empowering response from my friends, "Tell 'em who's in charge so they don't forget!" Even though this wasn't in my plans, I was honored that Harry, Evie, Jay, Carlos, and a few others were willing to help.

     "What's my name?" I peered to Mal. "What's my name?" Then I smiled at Prince Ben. They were both singing along without a care in the world.

   "Erina!" Every student and every parent shouted timely, and I grinned into the next verse, "Say it louder! What's my name? What's my name?"

   "Erina!" The voices of my parents stood out amongst the rest. They had no idea what they'd gotten themselves into. I hoped that more people would have caught on to my message, and realized just who and what I was singing about.

     How could I make myself clearer?

     "Feel the power!" With the mic in one hand, I slowly lifted the other towards my hip. I created crystal clear archways of water over the yacht. It all happened so fast that no one knew how to react besides gasping in awe. It was an enchanting sight, seeing as the yacht's lights sparkles through the water like undersea treasure.

     My parents were disappointed that I'd broken Auradon's 'no magic' rule, however, they were mesmerized by my emerging ability to control the sea. I guess they were impressed by my voiced too. I've never sang in front of them before.