|24

" A villain is just a victim whose story hasn't been told

whose story hasn't been told."

- Chris Colfer
♚ ♚ ♚ ♚

HOURS PASSED BY LIKE MINUTES FLASHING BEFORE MY EYES. Everything had become a noiseless blur; a bad dream I
hoped to wake up from. I had no idea how long we had been here for. Haden showed no signs of slowing down anytime soon.

     Earlier if someone had asked me how I liked the place I would've called it heaven on earth. There was a time where I was in love with the atmosphere but that eventually wore off. We're hours into the night, and I've lost my freewill. I didn't realize that until the waitresses stopping force feeding me. Haden saw how the lotus flowers, given in large portions, were making me sick.

     I asked him to point me in the direction of the bathroom, but when I rose to my feet I immediately fell back on the couch, weak and out of it. I composed myself after a few minutes and made my way towards the bathroom with Haden close behind. He stood outside of the door in case I tried to escape or run away.

     I found myself kneeling before a porcelain toilet spewing everything I'd had to eat and drink tonight. As I did so, I remembered bits and pieces of what Haden told me while we danced. The longer the lotus flowers were out of my system, the more fragments I was able to piece together and make sense of.

     He told me that he owns the nightclub, and can control who's invited in and who's allowed to leave. I wondered if I'd become his prisoner like everyone else here, and if I would ever get to see my friends and family again.

I wasn't quite sure what happened to me; why my memories were so hazy. I remembered Haden's fire display in the woods, and the searing pain I felt in my neck which he told me to disregard. I remembered every event leading up to now in vivid color.

     Why did I agree to come here? Why would I have let Haden do this to me? I thought for a moment with my head draped low. If I'd been in my right mind I would have never come here. Haden must have done something to me in the woods.

     My neck ached at the thought of him. I cleaned myself up and approached the sink. I felt nauseous and sea sick — as if I'd just set sail with Harry on Uma's rickety ship. My hands gripped the sink tight enough to turn my knuckles white.

The lotus flowers incapacitated me.

     I looked down at the stains on Harriet's dress that I'd never be able to wash out. I realized what a mess this night had become, and what an even bigger mess I was. I'd gotten myself into trouble without knowing... or maybe I did know. I had mixed emotions and feelings about everything and everyone.