|13

Cotillion Part 2/4

     ONCE EVERYONE WAS ONBOARD, THE YACHT departed from the harbor and drifted into the sea

ONCE EVERYONE WAS ONBOARD, THE YACHT departed from the harbor and drifted into the sea. For all unsuspecting guests, it was a beautiful night. It was if nothing could possibly go wrong. Everyone was wondering if Mal had made it, and was planning to surprise us when we least expected it.

     There was no way Ben would set sail unless he knew Mal was back. However, it was possible that the soon to be king was playing tonight by ear, and had no idea what was going on.

Ally and I dangled our arms off the yacht's railing, feeling the fresh ocean air between our fingers.

     "This is really nice of Ben. He didn't have to take us all on a voyage, but he wanted to make tonight extra special. Too bad Mal's probably not here to stargaze with us." Ally craned her neck at the sparkling sky, allowing her mind to drift off before coming back to me. "There will be no one like Ben on the Isle. No festive parties like this. In Auradon, everyone is full of laughter and kindness, while in the Isle everyone is stealing and fighting amongst each other."

"People party on the Isle." I muttered impatiently. "Even though you're right about the stealing part, I need you to stop talking like that." I sneered, watching as my face neared hers. "No matter what you say I'm staying. Stop changing your mind about supporting me. I could this without you, but I don't want to."

     I looked towards the back of the ship to distract myself from her judgmental stare. A high staircase decorated with banners and an array of flowers was the true center of attention tonight.

     That's where King Ben and Mal will appear.

     Ally shifted her stance and turned her back to me, having been pulled into conversation by Lonnie.

     "I'm trying really hard to support you, but you're making me wish you'd just leave already." Ally turned and whispered to me before Lonnie whisked her towards Chad on the dance floor.

Hearing heavy footsteps approaching me, I knew it had to be someone new. "How are you enjoying the party?" Jay wondered with a smile, leaning against the same rail as me.

"It's really something else." I forced a smile, trying to prove to him that I was enjoying myself.

"Is something wrong? Why aren't you dancing with Ally?" He leaned in towards me, crossing his arms against his chest. His concern was flattering, however his timing was horrible. I looked down at my hands, which firmly held onto the rail.

"I miss him." I whispered.

"Harry Hook?"