|16

[OLD] I can't believe it. Pirate's Curse has 30k reads. I'm speechless. Thank you all so much!
__________________________________

     "HOW DO YOU THINK UMA MADE IT PAST the barrier and onto Ben's yacht?" I inquired, looking down at my laced fingers between Harry's

     "HOW DO YOU THINK UMA MADE IT PAST the barrier and onto Ben's yacht?" I inquired, looking down at my laced fingers between Harry's. Harry's coat was draped over his free arm and pressed against his side.

     "Spell book... perhaps? Mal and Uma could have worked together. Maybe Mal wanted this to happen to yeh." Harry suggested as we took a casual stroll around Auradon Prep. The party ended an hour ago, but we lingered around until the right time to leave.

Luckily everyone made it safely to shore in one piece. My mom was still rattled from the shell's after effects, however I was completely fine. Since she was older and more powerful than me, more pain was inflicted upon her.

   "Mal would never." I countered, half believing my own words no matter how much I wanted to. "She's going to be the queen of Auradon. She wouldn't try to sabotage her big night, if anything she would have just stayed elsewhere. Did you see her face? She was completely in shock...As was everyone else." I chuckled lightly. "She could have done something to stop Uma — I know she has powers. Yet she just stood there."

     Perhaps Harry was right. Maybe Mal had it out for me, she just had a terrible way of going about it.

     Theoretically, the only reason Mal would want to cause me pain — assuming she did work with Uma — was because she shared common grounds with the pirate captain. It was possible that they both felt like I stole Harry from them. Jealously can easily fuel such spiteful acts.

     "Whatever the motivation...Yeh handled it well." Harry halted in front of Auradon main building. The beautiful garden was at our backs, and the woods were on our right. There wasn't exactly a line of people waiting to take us across the ocean so I thought of my own way. If it was possible, I could create a wave strong enough to carry us both to the Isle. The only problem was the magical barrier which would prevent us from doing so.

After all that happened tonight, I never officially announced my departure. Sure, a few people took a hint and would likely spread rumors. I was too busy being tortured to say my goodbyes.

"I didn't handle it well.." I sighed, looking off into the distance. "I looked like an idiot. I showed everyone that I can't survive on the Isle. If one girl can hurt me so terribly, imagine what an entire gang of pirates could do!" I blurted, releasing my hand from his. "I didn't have the strength to fight back."

   "That one girl had a magic shell. There be no magic on the Isle. What yeh see is what yeh get, and what yeh don't see doesn't exist." Harry soothed, readjusting his stance. Harry pointed towards the dazzling sky.

Each and every star captivated me. I wondered if I'd ever see such a sight again outside of my dreams.

A warm sea breeze came upon Auradon. Most of its residents had attended Cotillion's after party held in Auradon Prep's courtyard. Harry and I were invited but it was almost time for us to leave.