|27

" You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel

" You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel. "

— Johnny Depp
♚ ♚ ♚ ♚

     I STOOD BEFORE A CREW OF MISFITS THAT I NOW CALLED MY OWN. Uma's words finally hit me; and what they truly meant was unbelievable. The girl who once held me captive had willingly handed over her entire crew. She knew that I would be the only one to stand a chance against Haden. I just need to harness my abilities and use them to their fullest extent.

     As of now, I was the captain, but I would eventually pass on the title to Harry. He deserved it, and being the captain would mean more to him than to me. I would gladly stay by his side while he fulfills his pirate destiny.

     Like old times, Harry found himself next to Uma. His hat and hook had been been left behind in the fiery depths of Captain Hook's house, so for now a sword would have to do.

I triumphantly led Felix and Harry through the ship's door. Behind me, the duo walked beside each other. Their footsteps were in in perfect sync — just like soldiers. I couldn't quite tell who was taller, Harry or Felix, but that didn't matter. I was glad to have such strong guys on my side.

     Behind them, Uma led the rest of the crew onto the dock. Although I was calling the shots, it was nice to have her with the pirates to keep them in line. They easily had more respect for her than for me, and would take to her commands better. By the end of today, they would have a reason to trust and respect my authority.

     Harry and I wanted a pirate crew of our own and I think we found it. I couldn't help but grin, despite the war we were walking into. It's goin' down.

     Swords in hand, we stormed through the city and into a clearing just before the woods began.

     Beneath a veil of flames shadowing the Isle, Haden strolled out with his hands hanging behind his back. There was an intimidating casualty to his movements; his chin was high as looked down upon us mortals. He was ready for whatever was to come, and he dressed his best, too. He wore a slim fitting, black button up shirt with the sleeves rolled to the elbows, and matching black trousers and shoes.

     "Haden, stop this madness. You'll never get what you want by destroying the lives of innocent people!" I ruthlessly called him out, knowing well that kinder words would be useless against him. I stormed up to him alone, although Felix, Harry, and the crew had my back at all times — just from a distance for now. Haden mocked my tone, and chuckled up at the sky with a lean.