40: Real Life

"Rachel, we need to talk about this!"

Rachel rolled her eyes. "What is there to talk about, Tom?"

"Maybe why you hit her?" He argued, watching her as she drank her coffee.

She slammed the cup down, beginning to get angry. "Maybe because she came for me?"
She mocked.

It was Tom's turn to roll his eyes. "You hitting her just makes you look bad!"

"To who?!"

"The press, the fans, the public!"

"Since when has their opinion ever mattered? Why do you suddenly care so much about what happens to her?"

"I don't! Violence just isn't the answer!"

"She started it! I'm not going to stand there and let her hit me because it goes against your morals, Tom."

He sighed, running a hand through his dark hair as he took a seat on the trailer bed.

"I don't want to fall out with you about this."

"Neither do I."

"I'm sorry for having a go at you."

"I'm sorry for arguing with you about it."

He gave me a stern look, making me roll my eyes.

"And I'm sorry for hitting her. Whatever."

He smiled gently, wrapping his arms around her waist as he enveloped her in a hug. They stayed like that for a few minutes before pulling away and gazing at each other.

They seemed to do this a lot, as if they were taking in each other as if it was the last time.

Tom leaned in, her hands on his soft face as they kissed. He pulled back and peppered her with soft kisses all over her face, her eyes and nose screwing up at the tickle-y feeling.

She looked into the eyes of the boy in front of her and knew right then, that she was falling in love.