62: Real Life

Tom came rushing into Rachel's room as she was packing, almost falling over all the stray clothes that lay around the room. She panicked at the suddenness, nearly throwing the dress in her hands into the air.

"Jesus Tom, what's wrong?" She looked at him in worry. They were getting ready for before the premiere in New York and then the press tour, and before Rachel's birthday.

"I realised I hadn't asked you if you wanted to be my date to the premiere, I just kind of assumed because you're my girlfriend and that's what normal couples would do. Not that we're not a normal couple - that's not what I meant what I meant was that i shouldn't have just jumped into thinking that and -" He rambled, making excessive hand gestures.

Rachel couldn't help but stifle out a laugh at his nervousness, cutting him off as she grabbed his hands and interlocked their fingers to stop him moving.

She smiled. "Why are you so nervous?"

The brunette shrugged, looking around the room in a desperate attempt to not make eye contact with the pretty girl in front of him.

"It's my first premiere with you, and with Marvel. It's a big deal to play Spider-man and I don't want to let people down, or-or mess something up, you know?"

She could tell it was bothering him more than he shared, and it sent her heart plummeting to her stomach at the sight of his nervousness and panicked expression.

"Hey, you'll be great. You're an amazing spider-man (A/N no pun intended lmao) so you don't have to worry. Plus, it's my first Marvel premiere too and I'll be with you every bit of the way, whether I'm your date or not. I'm your girlfriend and you're my boyfriend, that's what we do for each other, okay?"

He looked into the girls eyes, a million thoughts running through his head as he scanned over her face; her eyebrows, her long eyelashes, her button nose and full lips. He swore he couldn't love her more than he did now.

"You know how much I love you, right?" He asked rhetorically, enveloping the girl in a comforting hug that she loved oh-so-much.

She hummed.

"I love you too, dork."