45: Real Life

Rachel walked into the party, immediately hit with semi-loud music and voices. She really didn't want to face Tom after what she said.

Sure, she meant it. She did love him. But she didn't know if he felt the same and didn't feel like being rejected tonight.

She slithered her way into the (large) kitchen and poured herself a glass of vodka and cranberry, adding lemon before standing awkwardly against the shiny marbel breakfast bar that centred the room.

She wasn't 21 until April, but that didn't stop her from drinking in America. And she didn't see the point in not drinking while she was here. It wasn't as if she was a virgin to alcohol, and she's been blackout drunk numerous times before, so she continued to sip away at her drink.

"Rachel! Hey." Chris' loud voice made her jump from her stance, placing a hand to her racing heart as she turned to see Lizzie also with him, their hands conjoined. She raised an eyebrow at the two, Chris just grinning and Lizzie looking sheepish.

Rachel smiled. "Hi guys."

"Where's Tom? I think he's looking for you." They looked around the busy kitchen, unable to find the brunette through the crowds of people.

"Dunno." She shrugged, taking another drink.

"How did the comment go down?" Liz asked.

She groaned. "I'm such an idiot! I don't know why I said that! Sure, I do love him but I didn't want to say it over instagram and i'm not even sure he loves me back."

The couple glanced behind Rachel before winking and walking away, leaving her confused at their sudden exit. She furrowed her eyebrows, spinning around only to be met with a familiar pair of eyes. He grabbed her arms in case she decided to make a break for it (knowing how awkward Rachel can be) and spun her back around, this time with him standing in the place of Chris and Lizzie.

"You love me, huh?"

"That, I do." She sighed, taking a swig of her vodka and looking anywhere but him.

He immediately looked into her glass. "Are you drinking?"

She looked at him confused. "Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?"

Tom sighed, running a hand over his face as he looked at the beautiful girl in front of him. She'd come into his life and changed it for the better over the past few months, and Tom knew that he loved her too. He just couldn't work out if she regretted what she said in the comment or not.

"You look beautiful tonight, Rach." He smiled at her.

She immediately blushed, her head dropping.

"You don't look too bad yourself, Holland." She laughed.

"I love you too, you know that right?"

Her head snapped up, her eyes widened as she looked at the boy.

"You do?"

He smiled a gentle smile, his pearly white teeth on show. "Yeah, I do."

She took a step forward to him, her drink placed on the breakfast bar as her hands connected around his neck. Tom took no time in placing his hands on her hips, their foreheads together in the hay environment.

Rachel hungrily attached her lips to his, their eyes closed as fireworks erupted in her stomach. They stayed like that for a moment, before she pulled away.