Tainted Love...

POV: Draco. Don't play the song until I tell you darlin's... 😈🖤😏

"Oh, Darling... I'm still manky from last night. Don't joke with me before I've had my medicine."

"Vera! A Bloody Baron! Pronto!"

Mum thoroughly disregarded my affirmation bomb of undying declaration of love, for Hermione Granger. Ordering her daily mid morning cocktail, the wizarding world version of a Bloody Mary.

Vera promptly obeyed, having the spicy tomato liqueur ready within seconds of handing mum her medicine.

Mum took her coveted sip with a smacking reply, "Ahhh... now that's, the only potion worth having."

"Now, Draco, darling what were you saying?"

"Nothing..." I coiled my bothered state and reporting with severe attitude.

"Now, now, Draco, darling... tell me what you were saying earlier. Did you mention a particular witch's name?! Are you seeing Astoria again?!" Mum's voice squealed like a five year old getting a unicorn on her birthday. With an altogether, grinning glee of successful happiness, smeared across her dark burgundy lipstick, always perfectly sketched unto her mouth.

"No, mother... Astoria and I are over. We've been over, for the thousandth time... I'm seeing someone new... And I'm in madly in love with her."

Mum had a strange look on her face, changing from knowing hopeful circumstances and to unnerving consequences, possibly remembering who I had just mentioned a few minutes ago. Mum obviously, not wanting to actually say her name aloud, making her becoming more real in our world...

"It's Hermione, mum. It's always been Hermione Granger..."

Mum shut her eyes and simultaneously gulped down her remaining drink within seconds. Returning to glaring at me with her cunning disgruntled daggers...

"That's not going to work, Draco... and you know why..."

She trailed her criticism, saying her peace and pivoted around leaving my bedroom. But I was going to have the final say...

"I don't give a flying fucking Swooping Evil, what you or father approve of. I love her and if you won't accept it, than it's going to be a long and lonely life with just you and father."

I made my professions clear.

My mother creepily and slowly turned to face me, with her cold dark eyes being the last to witness, coming closer to standing next me... reliving how I used to feel, when I was in trouble as a child.

"Have her over for tea tomorrow afternoon, Draco Lucius..."

Mum invited us, with an testimonial of misery through her baroness ominous tones, wheeling back around to exit my room, once again.

"We'll be there." I proclaimed with gratifying egotism.

She forlornly paused, glancing over her shoulder at me with tears in her eyes and vanished from my sights through disapparating without saying another word.

My parents had not been the same since the war. They changed in some ways, but in an all together wizarding sphere of an adjusted difference in old habits, they don't die hard.

Yes they had softened a bit, being shameful of their pasts...

But one thing was still most certain...