18. The Party

Not being with Jake is killing me but I have to stay strong. I haven't seen Jake in days, he's always gone and no one will tell me where he is.

I decide to go shopping with Tessa when I see Jake in a jewelry store picking out a necklace. Who could it be for? Has he moved on already? I keep asking myself those questions. "Come on" Tessa pulls me away and out of my thoughts.

As we're walking I get a text from Amanda Cerny

Amanda: Hey, party at my house, 8pm

Me: Great, I'll be there

Amanda invited me to a party and I decide to go, maybe it will keep me from thinking about Jake. "Yo Tessa, Amanda invited me to a party, do you want to come?" I ask hoping she will say yes so I don't have to go alone. "Sure, when is it?"

"Tonight at 8"

"Okay, lets go and buy a dress for it"

We walk into H & M to find a dress when a red dress catches my eye. I try it on and immediately fall in love with it. I also pick out some black high heels.

We get home and get ready for the party that starts in 2 hours.

"Hey Tessa, are you ready to go?" I ask eager to get out of the house. "Yeah" Tessa replies and we head off to the party.

By the time we get to Amanda's house the party has already started and I can see heaps of my friends. "Hey guys" I say walking over to Nathan and Justin, "hey" they say. I look around and someone catches my eye, it's Jake. I see him dancing with Amanda and I can't help to get jealous, so I make my way over to Johannes and start dancing with him. After a while I see Amanda kiss Jake's cheek and drag him away and I decide to follow them.

I come across a hallway with 3 doors to rooms and I'm about to turn around and go back when I see Amanda come out of a room holding Jake's hand and my heart breaks a little. I get angry and decide to grab Johannes and try to kiss him when Jake suddenly grabs my arm and drags me out onto the balcony.

"What was that all about?" Jake asks me looking mad "you were with that girl all night" I say getting heated "what are you talking about?" Jake asks looking confused "you never come through, you literary never ever come through" I yell at Jake and he pauses shocked "maybe if you weren't spending all your time jumping to conclusions, you would realize I'm not such a bad guy" Jake says walking off "o my god" I yell and walk back inside.

I walk into the room that Jake came out of before and I see Amanda lighting candles and on the bed there is two rose bunches and a necklace with a locket.

My heart breaks, what did I just do? I soon come to realize that Jake has been setting up this arrangement with Amanda for me and I just ruined it.

I grab the locket and run out of the party trying to find Jake but it's no good, he's not here anymore, he left.

Authors note

Ahhh omg guys! What do you think will happen? If you liked this chapter please vote and comment. If you like this book so far please add it to your reading lists/ libraries so you'll always be notified when I update.

- I