Final Arc III (Alvarez arc)

Then now for the main FT characters.

Zeref's defeat:

Lets start with how Zeref created a very powerful demon to defat Acnologia. E.N.D (if think you missed END in the manga don't be, he was never there. Mashima for got him)

I hate how Zeref was tossed around in the show from the most evil wizard to I dunno a weakling?

His story is sad. He broke all taboos just so he could see his little brother's smile again. Does Natsu ever get to know this? He suffered 400 years in solitude, nobody cares. Not even Natsu, he is all about friendship powerups and beating a tumor. It gets drowned in the 100 other stories Mashima is telling in the Alvarez arc.

With all the power and knowledge he has you'd think its difficult to beat him. Nope a kiss all you need to beat him.

I personally loved Zeref's character till Mashima ruined it for the sake of adding suspense and turned him into some peadophile.

Before I forget Crime Sorceire

Before I forget Crime Sorceire. No idea what they did the whole arc.

 No idea what they did the whole arc

E. N. D aka Natsu since the MC has to somehow be the strongest:

No hate on Natsu, I still love him except for the times he is being a pervert and idiot.

I mean what shit happened, he finds put he is END, goes into some comatose state because of some random tumor Mashima felt like introducing, beacause he felt the guild didn't need to know about END this early in the arc.

Then some shit happens he goes END and fightw Grey. Action packed fight. Nope Erza blocks the attck of the most powerful demon ever with her bare hands.  Sounds shitty, but the moment was beautifully drawn. Erza looked so amazing in that panel

 Erza looked so amazing in that panel

Well that was the last of END. Nothing like hyping up a character and making him appear in just 4 panels. Trollshima for a reason.

Erza or someone who can just beat anything:

She may be my favorite female character in FT but that doesn't mean she is let off the hook. In the beginning of Alvarez arc she was amazing great fights and all however everything went downhill after she met Eileen.

Lets start with how her mother created dragon slaying magic and carried Erza in her womb for 400 years ! A humble advice to anyone who plans to read this arc - logic doesn't apply here. Anything can happen.

Then Erza fights Eileen. Mashima forgot the rules of his own world here. To beat a dragon one needs dragon slaying magic right? Wrong Erza beat Eileen who became a dragon without any slaying magic. She breaks a few bones but still destroys a meteor with a worn out sword. But yeah she's Erza

Gray:

No idea what happened to him most of the arc. Notable scenes include comminting suicide alongside Juvia but not dying and fighting Zeref and END for some 2 pages. Yup I love Gray alot because he is sanest guys in FT. (Not counting team Natsu since evry member is sane except for Natsu Erza and Happy). A character with a lot of potential who was never used properly.

Gajeel and Juvia:

What I thought about their deaths. Its like Mashima made it look like he killed them, then waited for a whole week constatnly monitoring all sites where the fandom posts reaction and when he saw the reaction was negetive, miraculously made them alive again. The one thing these two did in this arc is die.

Acnologia vs Dragon Slayers:

What happens when hype a battle but realise you only have two chapters to end the whole story and there are a lot other stories you have to end as well? Acnologia vs Dragon Slayers is a good example. The fight was so lame that I wished Igneel had killed Acnologia instead ( I am referring to Tartoros here).

Lucy:

How can I forget her? Did nothing most of the arc except lose her clothes. She had one job - protect Natsu while he was in his coma like state( Who trusted her to fulfil this job anyway?). She messes it up and both get kidnapped.

Lets not forget how Mashima ended END by Lucy's hands. She re wrote the book of END with all of Natsu's memories intact. How does she know all of his memories before he met her?

But inspite of all this, with her magic level, she is able to cast one of the three grand Fairy spells - Fairy Sphere which trapd and (I don't remember anymore) defeats Acnologia's dragon form. The power of an MC.

My favorite moment this whole arc was when Gildarts arrived

Look at the happiness on everyone's face when they see him. Its evident how much they rely on him. None of the main characters in FT can get such a reaction from any guild members.