Chapter 1

(Eddie POV)
I was in my room when I heard a knock on my window. I looked over and saw one of my best friends Richie. I lowered the window and said "hey Richie where are the rest of the losers?" He said "bill and Stan are at camp today. Beverley is at her mom's house for a family get together and mike is at his parents house for dinner and Ben is just tired." I looked at Richie with a confused face and said "then why are you here?" He said "I wanted to know if you wanted to come to the barrens with me. Do you?" I smiled and said "sure!" I climbed out my window and grabbed my inhaler. I grabbed my bike and so did he. We got on and rode to the barrens. When we got there Richie and I just sat down by the edge near the water. Richie said "what do you want to do Eds?" I said "I don't know what do you want to do?" He smiled and said "let's go in the water" I said "Richie we don't have our swim suits" he chuckled and said "we can go in our underwear. Come on!" I had an unsure look on my face and he noticed. He looked at me and said "come on Eds. Do I have to pull you in?" I got a frightened look on my face and said "no Richie!" As he put me on his shoulders and threw me in. I noticed I still had my clothes on. I said "Richie my clothes are wet!" He laughed and said "I'll give you some of mine it's fine Eds" Richie gave me a smile. He was so cute. Wait! Am I gay? No no no, I would disappoint my mom. She told me it's wrong. Whatever. I pushed away the thought and Richie and I just splashed around for hours. We finally got out and we just laid on our backs on the grass. I smiled and said "that was so much fun Richie" he chuckled and said "I always have a good time with my Eddie spaghetti." I got annoyed and said "I told you not to call me that!" he laughed and said "you know you love it Eds!" I did love it. But I didn't want him to know that. I think I'm gay. I can't be! I would go to hell. (I do not think that the LGBTQ+ community will go to hell for being themselves. I support all gays, in the book, most people are against gays, and at the time in 1958, that's what people believed so I put it in there. Sorry if that hurt anyone's feelings) I'm supposed to like girls. But l can't. I fought in my head whether I was gay or not. I've never liked any girl. But I feel something around Richie. It's not a bad feeling. It's a feeling that feels right. It doesn't feel wrong like what people tell me. I looked at Richie and saw him play with his hair. I smiled and said "hey Richie, can we talk?" He looked at me and said "sure Eds what is it?" I don't know if I should tell Richie. What if he thinks I'm weird. He won't like me anymore or even be my friend. I frowned and said "Richie, I think I'm g-gay" Richie looked at me in shock and gave me a hug and pulled away. He said "hey Eddie, I'm gay too" I smiled and felt so much better.

I hope you liked it! Update coming soon!
-Miri