Chapter 6

(Eddie POV)
When we got to the barrens it was peaceful and there was no sound besides the sounds of nature. Richie said "c'mon let's go!" I snapped out of the beautiful gaze and then we all jumped in. We all came up laughing. Beverley said "we haven't done this in a while!" Ben said "yeah! It's summer we need to get in the water more" Richie and I looked at each other remembering the night we came to the barrens just us two. We looked away and Richie said "let's play chicken fight!" Beverley said "yes!" Bill said "o-ok" Stan smiled and said "I call bill!" Richie said "I call Eddie!" I blushed and Beverley said "I call mike!" Ben said "I'll keep track of score" Richie then went underwater and put me on his shoulders by surprise. I screamed and said "woah" Richie laughed and every partner got on each other's shoulders. Ben said "1...2...3...chicken fight!" Richie then tightened his grip so I wouldn't fall. I wasn't that muscular but in this game it only matters if you fall off. I then went towards bill and Stan. After maybe 5 minutes of fighting I got bill to fall off. I then went towards Beverley and mike. Beverley was really strong. We fought for a while until I almost fell. I caught Beverley off guard and pushed her off. Ben said "Richie and Eddie are the winners!" We both cheered and Richie said "good job Eddie spaghetti!" I gave him a high five and said "don't call me that!" He then chuckled and said "it's cute when you get mad" I laughed and rolled my eyes. I then said "ok guys what next?" Beverley said "I don't know but what about um..." we didn't know what to play. Ben said "guys what do we usually do that's fun? Maybe we can do it here." Stan said "yeah that seems like a good idea" I then got the perfect idea. I said "why don't we play colors?" (Idk if colors was a game in 1958 but whatever) they all nodded their heads in agreement and bill said "t-that seems f-fun" Richie said "ok I'll go first" (sorry I didn't mention this but they all were whispering the colors to each other)I said "I'll pick blue" Beverley said "I'll do green" Ben said "black" Stan said "orange" bill said "y-yellow" we all nodded and Richie said "um, green, yellow, orange, pink, grey..." he continued as everyone raced to the other side of the lake. I haven't gotten called yet. He then said "blue." I began to go slowly but then made a noise. He then turned around and saw me. He chased me to the end of the pool and he jumped on top of me and said "gotcha!" We both laughed and we then both looked into each other's eyes. Then I got shaken out of my thoughts by Stan saying "ok let's go!" We stopped and went back. I then went to where Richie was and we continued playing until it got late. It was finally around 6:30 and the curfew in Derry was 7:00. Beverley said "bye guys it's 6:30 I gotta get going." We all had a shocked look on our faces. It was late. I said "I'll get going too. My mom might get suspicious." Richie said "I'm going too!" We all said our goodbyes and we all rode home. I was peddling home when I remembered I forgot my inhaler. I began to peddle back and Richie noticed. He said "your inhaler? Here catch" I caught my inhaler and took a pump of medicine. I smiled and said "thanks Richie!" He smiled back and said "you're welcome Eds! I'll be at your window tomorrow!" I smiled and finally got home. I got in through the window. I climbed in and put on a clean shirt. I then realized that my room was all clean. I smiled and got in bed. I was so shocked because my room is always dirty. I smiled and got in bed. I was glad that Richie is coming over tomorrow. He's always making me smile. We didn't get to talk much today. That kind of made me sad but I just remembered him and his smell. I blushed and then went straight to bed.

I hope you guys liked it! I know this has to do with my other book but thank you to everyone who keeps on voting and commenting on it! Also thank you to the people who vote and comment on this story! I love you guys!❤️ AHH 100 reads!
-Miri