Your Kid(s) Don't Like Their Skin Color (G)

You and Grayson have been married for about 4 years and have 4 year old twins named Mason and Madison. 

Mason was the more laid back of the two and only cared about playing with his cars and playing in the dirt outside with his dad

Madison on the other hand was more high maintenance, she always wanted you to do her hair and pick out her outfits to a T. She would cry if she didn't have the same things as her friends and it took a lot to humble her.

Today it was your turn to pick the twins up from Preschool and when they walked to the car you noticed that Mason had his usual smile on his face, with dirt on his pants, but Madison had a confused frown on her face as she looked at her sparkly shoes.

You got out and helped them into the car before you got back in the driver seat and drove home, on the way you decided to ask how the kids' day went.

"How was school guys?" You asked.

"It was soo fun, we got to go outside and look at worms and bugs..." Mason rambled on.

"What about you Madi? How was school?" You asked the frowning girl.

"Why don't I look like my friends?" She asked randomly.

You'd just pulled up to the house and proceeded to get the kiddos out of the car, Grayson was standing outside so Mason ran over to him while Madison followed you closely into the house.

When you got in, you knelt in front of Madison and continued the conversation from the car.

"What do you mean Mad?" You ask her.

She holds out her arm and runs a hand over her skin, "I'm different," she starts to cry, "Some of my friends have yellow and orange skin, and some have brown skin, but mine is different."

"There's nothing wrong with being different, nobody has the same skin color, everyone is special." You try to explain, but she's not having it.

"NO! Why am I this color mommy? I want to be yellow and orange!" She plops down and cries harder, "God doesn't like me is that why?" Your heart broke.

"No Madison, God loves you so much! Here let me go get daddy and bubby ok hold on." You run outside and call in Mason and Grayson who were playing soccer and lead them to sit with you in a circle.

You grab Grayson's arm and put it next to yours to show her the different colors, "See Madi and Mas, Daddy and I don't have the same skin color but we are still best friends and love each other very much. When we made you, our colors mixed together to make you! So now you are your own special color, no one else is the same color but you and Mason." You explain to them.

"Wooooah. Thats supa coo!" Mason says before standing up, "But I've gotta blast, there are some more fun things that I've gotta do right now." He says before running off with his arms stretched behind his back.

"No matter what anyone says you are one of the most beautiful girls in the world, Daddy's little princess

"No matter what anyone says you are one of the most beautiful girls in the world, Daddy's little princess." Grayson says as he scoops her up and puts kisses all over her face causing her to squeal.

"Ew Daddy you stiiiink!" She giggled.

Grayson put her down and decided to shower.

"I love you Madi Dee!" You say as you give her eskimo kisses. (Dee as in Dolan)

"I love you too Mommy Dee!"

A/N: Aww that was cute!

-Tay