part nine

I had no idea if what I had just done was the right choice or not. I was clueless to whether or not I was accepted in that dungeon I lived in for 17 years. And lastly, I didn't know if I was going to go back. In that moment, all I wanted was a set of arms wrapped around my waist. I followed my feet all the way back to Jack's house until I reached the front porch step. Suddenly, I noticed another car in the driveway. Must be his parents. I couldn't just randomly walk into the house uninvited, even if I wanted to more than anything. The only option would be to knock on his window, hoping Jack was in there.

I stepped off the porch with minimal sound and crept over to his window. I'm a freak, I thought.

I hesitated, knocking on his window. I winced of embarrassment as I saw a shadow move from his bed.

The window blinds lifted up, and the window was cracked open. "Well look who it is, Rylee's back." He teased. I smiled at his common humor. "Want to talk?" He asked, opening the window completely.

"But- your parents?" I asked. Jack gave me this look, telling me to stop worrying about his parents. He reached out his hand and pulled me in.

We sat down on his bed just like the first "date" we had, but a little closer.

"It's my dad." I finally said, staring at the records scattered across the wall.

"Forget him; you have me." He said, taking my chin into his possession, lifting my gaze to meet his.

"Your eyes are so.. are so.. Tumblr." I said, laughing.

"You just can't get over the tumblr side of me, can you?" He teased, pressing his lips against my cheek.

"Well, it seems to be a dominating trait in Jack Baran." I fired back, laughing like an idiot. He playfully shoved me and my gaze met his again. I smiled and came back to his warm body, laying my head on his chest.

We spent the night listening to good music and playing silly little card games. I won every game, but I knew Jack was letting me. I didn't care.