Chapter 10 - Attacking Your Teammates is Not Cool

Disclaimer: I know next to nothing about the Sharingan, and I'm completely disregarding the mangekyou side effects. Please don't be mad at me.

_____________________________________

The next day, Sakura and Kakashi wanted to bang their heads repeatedly against the nearest tree. They had just set off for the Land of Waves a few hours ago. And Naruto and Sasuke decided it would be a good time to 'explain' their powers.

"Sasuke got his Sharingan dattebayo!" Naruto announced loudly. Earning a smack to the head from his raven-haired teammate.

"I didn't, Dobe. The Sharingan lets you copy jutsu and analyze everything around you to the last detail. I didn't feel any different than before." Sasuke explained, Naruto thought for a moment, and then gave Sasuke a knowing look.

"Maybe your Sharingan is just useless. I mean, it's not like you were secretly training yourself to be able to recognize jutsu by their hand signs or anything 'ttebayo." Sasuke looked at his blonde companion in shock. How the hell did he know that! "But there's only one way to prove it to you. Kakashi-sensei, your mirror please." Naruto said, holding out a hand to his sensei.

Kakashi sighed and unsealed a mirror from his summoning scroll. Handing it to Naruto who held it up to Sasuke. "Now focus your chakra to your eyes...I think," Naruto commanded, "Make sure not to focus too much, apparently, your eyeballs will either melt off your face, shrivel up and then burn to ashes or rip out of your eye sockets and fly to the moon." Everyone chose to ignore Naruto's absurd warnings.

"It's not gonna work Dobe,"

"Humor me." Sasuke rolled his eyes but complied. Everyone watched him expectantly as he tried to focus his chakra while staring into the mirror. And after a moment, Sasuke stared in shock as he saw his irises shift from their dark charcoal color to spinning tomoes(sp?). Sakura was the first to speak up.

"Eh? Isn't that the Mangekyou Sharingan?"

"I've never seen Mangekyou like that," Kakashi stated, staring at Sasuke's straight tomoes with an intense gaze, making the ravenette look away uncomfortably.

"But sensei, don't you normally have to awaken the regular Sharingan first?" Sakura asked, stroking an imaginary beard jokingly.

"I think we all know Teme's anything but normal." Naruto stated matter-of-factly, "I mean, look at that hair, it looks like a duck's ass for Kami's sake dattebayo."

Sasuke, surprisingly, said nothing in response. Still shocked over the fact that he got his Mangekyou Sharingan at a younger age than Itachi. "

Anyway, after that battle, I've had this voice in my head dattebayo." Naruto continued, smiling in an overly cheerful, oblivious way.

"It says its name is Kura-OW! Fine, he says his name is Kurama dattebayo," The blonde finished, rubbing his temples as if he had a headache.

"You mean you can communicate with the nine tails?" The words were out of Kakashi's mouth before he realized it, and by the time he did, it was too late. All of his genin were looking at him, silently asking him to elaborate. And after a moment of hesitation, he sighed, "Minato sealed the Kyuubi into Naruto at birth, that's why the village hates him, and you two for associating with him."

Kakashi had wanted to keep his explanation short and simple, but judging by the sharp intakes of breath from his students, he might have been a bit too frank.

After hearing Kakashi's words, Naruto looked down glumly. So that's it, that's why everyone hated him so much. It didn't bother him as much as it should have. Instead, it was the fact that his own father, the one who had sealed the Kyuubi in him, would ignore him like the villagers did.

The blonde looked up when he felt an arm wrap around his shoulders, and then another one. Sakura offered her teammate a warm smile. Sasuke gave a half-assed one, but it made Naruto smile back.

"Cheer up Naruto! You have us! We'll prove them all wrong." Sakura cheered. Sasuke and Kakashi nodded in agreement while Tazuna smiled at the scene and mumbled something about "young people".

"You're right dattebay-OW!" Naruto crumpled to the ground mid-cheer, making his teammates and Tazuna crowd around him with worry evident on their faces.

"What's wrong, Dobe?" Sasuke said, and then nearly got a heart attack when Naruto jumped back onto his feet as if he wasn't just on the ground in pain.

"Kurama says he can teach me how to use his chakra and his jutsu! Isn't that cool dattebayo?" Kakashi and Sasuke exchanged confused looks, but then silently nodded. Sakura smiled and nodded as well, but everyone could tell that it was half-hearted. Kakashi was the one to address it.

"Ne, Sakura, what's wrong?" Sakura looked down slightly, and after a moment of hesitation, she met the eyes of her teammates again.

"Both of you have such cool powers...I have nothing," Sasuke and Naruto exchanged looks, both remembering the wind incident in the ice mirrors.

"Sakura, remember? You deflected the senbon with the wind." Sasuke said, but Sakura only looked at him in confusion.

"What do you mean? No, I didn't."

"After you got hit, you lifted your hand and a strong gust of wind blasted the senbon away." Sasuke tried to jog her memory, but Sakura only shook her head, still completely lost.

"Sasuke-teme! I have an idea dattebayo! Hold her still!" Naruto said. Sasuke quickly grabbed Sakura by the waist, making sure she didn't move but still allowing her arms freedom.

"Hey! What are you doing?" Sakura asked, her eyes widening as Naruto pulled out several shurikens. And before Kakashi could react he threw them all at Sakura.

The three males stared in shock as the pinkette instinctively threw her hands in front of her with her eyes closed. Sure enough, an insanely strong blast of wind redirected the shuriken. Making them hit the surrounding trees instead of Sakura.

.

.

.

Kakashi had made them stop again. Saying that they were going to let Tazuna rest. But everyone knew he wanted to train his team's new powers. "Alright team, you're going to train your new abilities, find their strengths and weaknesses. But more importantly; find a way to use them together; as a team." The silver-haired jounin commanded as he sat down, pulling out his orange book.

The trio sweatdropped at their sensei and then turned to each other to begin.

"Hey! Kurama says he can train us! But first, he'll need to...WHAT?! 'ttebayo." Naruto said, shouting the last part before his eyes widened. He began clawing at his chest as orange chakra was sucked out of him, collecting a few feet away into a shape that resembled an animal.

Soon the chakra formed a small, furry, orange body with nine tails, "Hello earthlings." it said, making Sasuke flinch and Sakura scream. But the creature only chuckled, "No need to be alarmed. And no, I'm not a talking fox. I am Kurama, the great Kyuubi no Yoko!." The creature, Kurama, stated proudly. And Naruto watched his teammates with an expression of amusement. It was funny to see his friends so visibly unnerved, especially Sasuke.

"Anyway let's get started! I want 100 sit ups, crunches, push ups, and pull ups!"

___________________________________________________

I know I didn't elaborate on their powers...but I did hint at a couple. ;)

Most of them will be explained in the next few chapters!

_izoy_