Chapter 25 - Wink Wink Nudge Nudge

It goes without saying that in Team 7, nobody gets left behind. No matter how tempting it might be.

And that's why the three Genin were stuck following Kakashi as he sneaked into his old house. The Sannin and Gaara had opted to wait outside Konoha for them...lazy asses.

Sasuke thought it would only take their sensei a moment to gather his stupid books, but the masked jounin was in there for half an hour! Who takes that long to get a few books?

Suddenly Naruto stood up. "Alright, that's it 'ttebayo! I'm getting baka-sensei." The blonde said as he stomped into the Hatake Compound, only to let out a scream and run back to where his teammates were. "My eyes! I'm scarred! Teme help me 'ttebayo!"

Without thinking, the jinchuuriki glomped Sasuke, burying his face in the ex-Uchiha's back. "O-oi Dobe, what're you doing?" Sasuke asked with a slight blush, despite his better judgment, he didn't push Naruto away.

The ravenette looked to Sakura for help, only to notice she had disappeared. 

After a few minutes, Naruto came to his senses and immediately let go of Sasuke. "Ah! Sorry!" The blonde jumped a few feet away from his teammate and looked at his feet. And Sasuke couldn't help but smirk when he noticed how Naruto's cheeks were tinted pink.

"Hn, it's fine." Without warning, Sasuke pulled Naruto to sit beside him on the floor and slung an arm around the blonde's shoulder. Naruto's whole face turned red and he gulped, before hesitantly leaning into Sasuke's embrace. What was this new feeling? Why was his heart racing?

Neither of them noticed the muffled squeals coming from the tree next to them. However, they did notice when the door to the Hatake Compound opened with a creak. Revealing their masked sensei holding a mountain of Icha Icha.

"Am I interrupting something?"

.

.

.

If only getting out of Konoha was as easy as getting in. Unfortunately for Team 7, their exit was blocked by nine shinobi the three genin knew all too well. As per usual, Kiba stepped forward arrogantly. But before he could speak Sakura cut him off with a smirk.

"Looking to get your ass kicked again?" The pinkette's smug look wavered slightly when Kiba chuckled.

"You can drop the act babe, we all know you don't really want to be with those freaks. I have you all figured out."

All eyes drifted to the pink kunoichi, waiting for her response. But she remained expressionless, making Naruto's face twitch in slight doubt, but then he shook his head. Sakura wouldn't abandon them, she wasn't that kind of person.

The jinchuuriki sucked in a breath when Sakura took a step towards the Inuzuka heir.

And then another one.

She wouldn't...

Soon Sakura was directly in front of Kiba, whose lips twitched upwards victoriously. Then the pinkette smiled sweetly and said.

"I take that as a yes," Immediately after finishing her sentence, she balled her fist and punched Kiba in the gut, making him stumble backward, gasping for air and clutching his abdomen in pain. Kakashi winced when he noticed that Sakura had punched the Inuzuka with tungsten knuckles, and prayed that he would never be on the receiving end of them. (A/N: Google "brass knuckles" and imagine those made of tungsten.)

Naruto let go of a breath he didn't know he was holding and then mentally scolded himself. He shouldn't have doubted Sakura, she'd never given him a reason to question her like that.

Turning back to Kiba, Naruto watched as the Inuzuka lifted himself to his feet and growled. "I'm so done with you Haruno! Neji, Hinata." The two Hyuugas approached Kiba, waiting for him to continue, but when he looked closely, Naruto noticed that Hinata's movements seemed more reluctant than Neji's. "Go teach that pink bitch a lesson," Kiba demanded. Neji waited for Hinata to give him the "okay", but the Hyuuga heiress stayed rooted to the ground.

"No," Everyone stared at her, and Kiba smirked and let out a scoff.

"I'm sorry, I think I heard you wrong. I know you didn't just say 'No'." Hinata bit her lip and looked down.

"I won't do it," She stuttered out, before giving the Inuzuka heir a shy but defiant look. "They've done a-absolutely nothing to you and you st-still like to pick on them." Kiba was about to respond but he was cut off by a loud voice.

"Hinata-chan is right! How un-youthful Kiba! You must leave them be if you want to feel the power of youth!" After Lee's outburst, Sakura waited for Kiba's response.

The brunette sighed and cracked his jaw. "Fine then, you two can join them." The Inuzuka prepared his Fang over Fang technique, and launched it at Hinata and Lee, only for it to be intercepted by TenTen and Neji. The male Hyuuga gazed at Kiba with cold eyes. "I cannot allow you to attack Hinata-sama."

The brown haired kunoichi smiled at Neji, and then smirked cheekily at Kiba. "And I can't have you attacking my teammates can I?"

Team 7 watched as the Konoha 9 turned on Kiba. Sakura smiled slightly at the scene, this was the first time their ex-classmates defended them. The only question was why didn't they do this before?

The pinkette was snapped out of her thoughts when Kurama soundlessly appeared in front of the four of them, silently motioning for them to leave while they still could. Naruto was the first to trail after the Kyuubi, followed by Sasuke, then Sakura, and finally Kakashi, who was having trouble carrying his extensive book collection.

_______________________________________

 Thanks to 

@creepyfujoshi_XD

@Ravenous_Omega1

@fabulousstudios

@JinxedEclipse

Mystic_Nightmare

@geneviesky

for commenting on the previous chapter! Seriously, you all really helped!!

And I hope you liked the SasuNaru fluff in this chapter! <3

Thanks again for everyone's support! It really means a lot to me!!

-Isabelle ;D