Chapter 11 - Puppet Guy Hits On Sakura

Team 7 had escorted Tazuna to his home successfully. He finished the bridge and named it after them; the saviors of the Land of Waves. Sure it was a mouthful to say but Naruto saw it as bragging rights.

    Word spread about the death of Momochi Zabuza and Gato as they made the trek back to Konoha. And even in the Leaf Village, it had become common knowledge that one of their teams had completed such a feat, though the team name was undisclosed.

________________________________________

Mission Report:

Rank: C-turned-B

Status: Success

Summary:

    Tazuna lied about the mission rank, saying that he was being targeted by thugs. However, he quickly explained after we were ambushed by the Demon Mist brothers (Now deceased)

    Then we were attacked by Momochi Zabuza. He kidnapped Tazuna and Hatake Kakashi quickly followed but was knocked out by Haku Yuki, and was taken as well. Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke were able to track them to Gato's mansion. They freed Kakashi and Tazuna before fighting the missing nins.

    After the battle Team 7 finished escorting Tazuna the rest of the way.

Notes: Momochi Zabuza and Yuki Haku are dead, killed by Gato and Kakashi respectively.

Written by: Hatake Kakashi

________________________________________

    Minato looked at the report in satisfaction. "Good work Team 7, you are dismissed." Kakashi, Sasuke, and Sakura bowed and left. Naruto had opted to wait outside for them, not wanting to see his biological father anymore.

The team was walking with no particular destination. Kakashi had ditched them when he saw a sign saying that the next volume of Icha Icha was out.

"There's nothing to do." Naruto groaned.

"We could always train," Sakura offered.

"That's all we ever do, train train train train train and more training 'ttebayo." The blonde whined, making Sasuke roll his eyes.

"On that note, I'm gonna train my Mangekyou," The ravenette said as he walked away from his teammates. Lazily waving goodbye.

Naruto and Sakura just stood there for a moment, then Naruto said, "Ne, Sakura-chan I'm hungry dattebayo."

.

.

.

The duo decided to go for ramen, (Partly because Naruto hadn't seen Teuchi or Ayame in a while, but Sakura didn't need to know that.) but on the way there, they saw a Sunagakure shinobi in a black jumpsuit threatening to punch the Third Hokage's grandson. 

Well, that can't be good.

"Back me up Naruto, we don't know his abilities," Sakura said as she walked towards the sand ninja. "I would let go of him If I were you," she said calmly, but there was an underlying confidence in her words that screamed, "You're screwed". The sand ninja turned to Sakura with a glare, but it eventually morphed into a sleazy smirk as he looked her up and down.

"What you gonna do hot stuff? Kiss me to death?" Sakura mentally gagged and suppressed some shivers in disgust from his forwardness. But maybe she could use his previous question to her advantage... She walked up even closer to him and put a hand on his shoulder, sliding it up to the back of his neck as she stared at him with a smirk and fluttered her eyelashes.

The guy wore a smirk as well, seeming to think he had won when the pinkette leaned closer to his face and turned to his ear. He smirked even wider when he felt her lips brush his ear, but what came out of those lips made his jaw drop, "Never in a million years," Then there was a sharp ache in his abdomen, Sakura had just kneed him in the stomach.

Naruto couldn't hold back his laughter at the scene. The weird cat guy's face was priceless! And on top of that, he felt a surge of pride for his teammate as she caught Konohamaru like a badass. But that pride turned to protectiveness when the cat guy pulled out a puppet from nowhere.

"You bitch!" The guy said.

"Konohamaru get back!" Sakura yelled, and the academy student didn't need to be told twice.

Naruto ran to Sakura, standing slightly in front of her. "Kurama can you get Sasuke?" Naruto mentally asked. "On it, and be careful, those senbon are poisoned," Kurama said just as the puppet let out a barrage of senbon.

Naruto didn't flinch as the senbon came dangerously close to him. Partly because of the Deja vu but mostly because he knew Sakura would deflect them. And she did. The puppet-man's eyes widened as his attack was deflected by an invisible force. He was about to launch another barrage but a small pebble hit his face, distracting him.

"Oi, I leave for less than 10 minutes and come back to find you fighting with a Suna shinobi." Sakura smirked as the third member of Team 7 arrived. Leaning lazily against a tree, was Sasuke (formerly) Uchiha in all his glory.

"Did you seriously just throw a pebble at him dattebayo?" Sasuke shrugged,

"Hn, whatever works, Dobe." 

"Kankuro! I told you to report to the Hokage, not pick a fight with the resident shinobi." The three of them turned to see a blonde haired girl storming up to the guy they had just "fought". The puppet wielder, Kankuro, turned to the girl.

"They started it Temari!" He yelled childishly.   

"You were the one who tried to attack the Sandaime Hokage's grandson," Sakura pointed out.

"No one was asking you freak!" That was it, nobody insults a member of team 7 and gets away with it. Naruto and Sasuke launched at Kankuro but were stopped by a colossal wall of sand.

"Shut up Kankuro, I'm sick of cleaning up after you. One more jab at them and you'll be on street duty back home." A redhead said with a glare. Walking away from Team 7, Kankuro and Temari arguing, but following him nonetheless.

Team 7 went the opposite way, but not before Sakura took one last glance at the three sand shinobi's retreating figures.

.

.

.

    "The Chunin Exams?" Naruto asked with a confused expression. The silver-haired jounin nodded in confirmation.

    "That's right! The Exam starts tomorrow so you better get ready. Go to the Academy at 8 am." And with that, their lazy sensei shunshin-ed to who knows where. Leaving his three students to walk back to their shared apartment.

_______________________________________

Ugh, I feel like this chapter is kinda short... so I've made TWO chapters today!!

Keep going!  ↓↓↓