Chapter 26 - Rainbow Headbands

When Team 7 made it out of Konoha they were confronted by several irritated shinobi. "What took you so long? Do you know how hard it was to hide that 20 foot hole you blew in the wall? We had to fight off half of the shinobi population! Why couldn't you have taken a quieter approach? Jiraiya exclaimed, making dramatic gestures with his arms. Kakashi suddenly looked to the white haired Sannin with crocodile tears.

"Gomenasai Jiraiya-sama! I've failed you again!" It was at that moment that the Toad Sage noticed Kakashi's large collection of his books with a smirk.

"Well, I suppose it's understandable. Nobody blames you for your loyalty to the Icha Icha series." Kakashi gasped and looked up at Jiraiya before glomping him.

"Uwah! Thank you for your forgiveness Jiraiya-sama! I'm forever in your debt!" The white haired Sannin was now regretting everything he had said, because once again, Kakashi had latched onto him and would not let go.

Orochimaru sighed and turned away from the ridiculous scene in front of him, looking to the others for an explanation. "Now what?" Gaara was the first to speak.

"We go to Suna. If you become Sunagakure shinobi you will have our protection." Nobody objected, it would be the easiest hidden village to get to and right now, any place was better than Konoha.

"Alright! Let's go!" Without warning, Kurama appeared and teleported the seven of them to Sunagakure's gates. But before they could approach the entrance, Sasuke held up his hand to stop them.
"Hold on, why would they let us become Suna nins? What's to stop them from turning us in?" Gaara smirked and walked towards the gates confidently, and when the guards on duty noticed him, they bowed.

"Kazekage-sama," They said in acknowledgement, making Team 7 and the Sannin's jaws drop. After a moment of silence, Naruto laughed.

"Now that's a boyfriend Sakura!" Said pinkette was still frozen in shock.

.

.

.

" 'Bout time you got here, Gaara." As soon as the seven of them entered Suna, they were greeted by Gaara's siblings. They had grown a lot more comfortable around their younger brother after they helped Team 7, Temari and Kankuro didn't know what exactly caused the redhead's constant good mood but they knew it had something to do with the pink haired kunoichi they saw talking with their brother.

"Sorry for worrying you. I had to get these six away from Konoha's political house of horrors. We need to transfer them to Suna as soon as possible, don't inform the Leaf council, just do it." Kankuro smirked and gave a mock salute to his brother.

"As you wish Kazekage-sama," Then, the puppet wielder turned to the Konoha shinobi, "Follow me." The six leaf nins followed him, leaving Temari with Gaara.

"Since when was Gaara the Kazekage?" Kakashi asked with a raised eyebrow,

"Since Rasa was found dead before the third stage," Kankuro replied. His expression clearly showing that this was a topic Kakashi shouldn't push. The white haired jounin thankfully got the message, and the rest of the walk was silent.

Kankuro led them into the Kazekage's tower, but instead of entering Gaara's office, he motioned for the Sannin and Team 7 to enter the room right next to it. He followed them inside and pulled out several papers, handing one out to each Konoha nin. "Just fill these out, we'll get someone to steal-I mean retrieve your info from Konohagakure later." (A/N: I have no idea how you switch villages...just go with it XD)

The seven of them compiled and filled out the necessary information, some more hesitantly than others. But eventually everyone handed the papers back to Kankuro, who placed them in a neat pile on one of the tables in the room. Then he turned back to the almost-Suna nins and held out his hand. "I'll need to take your leaf headbands." 

The Sannin were a bit more reluctant, Konoha was the home of several precious memories. But then they remembered that the leaf village was not the place it once was. So once again, everyone complied, wanting to cut off all ties with Konoha as soon as possible. Naruto eagerly threw his headband at Kankuro, hitting the Sand nin in the face with a loud smack. And Sasuke had a hard time controlling his laughter, letting out several loud coughs with pink cheeks.

The sand nin glared at the ravenette before sighing and opening a large drawer, revealing several Sunagakure headbands in various colors. "Whoa! It's a forehead protector rainbow dattebayo! I want this one!" Naruto grinned and took a yellow headband for himself, the color of the cloth was almost identical to his blonde locks, and made the metal piece appear to be floating on his forehead. When the blonde lifted it to his head, Sakura and Kakashi visibly cringed at the strange combination.

Immediately after Naruto finished tying the forehead protector on, it was ripped off his head by Sasuke. "Eh? Sasuke-teme! What was that for?" The ex-Uchiha smirked slightly.

"I'm saving you from a lifetime of embarrassment." Sasuke said as he returned the bright yellow headband to the drawer, and pulled out two black ones for his blonde teammate and himself. But Naruto didn't take the headband Sasuke offered, and took the bright yellow one out of the drawer again.

"But I like this one 'ttebayo!"

"You'll be a walking target, Dobe." Naruto grinned at Sasuke.

"No, when people see this headband they're gonna run in fear! They'll know not to mess with me dattebayo!" Kakashi sighed.

"Sasuke, let Naruto pick the headband he wants. If he regrets it later you get to say 'I told you so'." Sasuke let out a defeated sigh.

"Hn."

.

.

.

Once the forehead protector situation was sorted out, Kankuro led the new Suna shinobi to Gaara's office, where they saw said redhead and Temari deep in conversation. But they stopped as soon as they noticed the ex-Konoha nins. Once everyone was inside, the brunette addressed his brother. "Gaara, have you decided?" The redhead remained expressionless and Sakura furrowed her brows.

"Decided what?"

_______________________________________

Sorry for the wait!!

My teachers are giving me a crap ton of HW and I have soccer on top of that.

Anyways I hoped you liked this chapter! <3

-Isabelle