Venturing The Grounds | Chapter 1

Years before the Meiji Era, there was an assassin named Hitokiri Battōusai

there was an assassin named Hitokiri Battōusai. The Battōusai has used his sword and skills to end the Revolution in Kyoto and slash open the Meiji Era and spread peace to all of Japan.

After living through all of the pain, all of the suffering and blood, The Battōusai leaves Kyoto with an intention of protecting the civilians of Japan as atonement for the murders he once committed.

The year 1872
was yet another year of peace,
and Kenshin Himura has continued to wander Japan's countryside.
But as he arrived in Hokkaido's windy state, he certainly had to improvise his way of survival.

And what comes after that, is indeed a mystery...

• • •

Hokkaido, Japan
1872

In the midst of Japan, amongst the crowds and all of the commotion, there walked a familiar face to the government of the country. The wild breeze danced it's way through the flowers, hovered on the flesh of civilians and sent shivers down their spines, and blew swiftly in every direction to offer cold air to the people of Japan.

The sound of shoes stomping on the ground was heard faintly, but with all the people colliding together, it has gotten louder by the minute.

Indistinct chattering was heard, people spoke to each other from one stand to another, and the yelling of drunks echoed in the air as they stumbled on the grounds.

A red headed male walked amongst the crowds; His long hair tied in a low ponytail, his pink Haori top was dirty and old, his white Hakama pants almost losing it's colour, and an 'X' shaped scar accompanied his left cheek.

A straw hat covered the top of his head and protected him from the sun, whilst the breeze pushed his frontal hair backwards effortlessly.

The man received many strange looks from around him; Gossiping, chattering, pointing, and glares from the people who he walked passed by.

The only thing that made his appearance intimidating, was his sword. It rested on it's sheath placed on his hip, slightly covered by the sleeves of his Haori.

As he ventured Hokkaido's grounds, Wanderer Kenshin passed by a series of stands and markets which came his way.

Here he was again, out in the open with no home, no food or water, and certainly no people in his life in which he could call his 'Comrades'.

"A lovely day, that it is." He remarked optimistically, clearly ignoring all of the mad glares which came his way.

As the sun slowly began to set, Kenshin adjusted his hat and continued his journey, for he was now on an intent hunt for shelter.