The Yoshida Way | Chapter 7

• • •

After lunch, and after dinner, Yuki had cleaned up the household on her own. Jiro and Tadashi avoided her most of the day; Not a single word had been thrown towards her, and as always, Yuki noticed.

The dark haired female stood against the doorframe, glancing at Kenshin, Jiro and Tadashi as they sat together; An irate expression evident on her face.

Oh, the anger - The feeling of her blood boiling, what a pain it was to keep it locked in. Yuki's fingers ran through her dark brown locks, an exhale slowly escaping her lips.

With her broom in her grasp, she reluctantly swept the wooden floors, her mind not fully focused on her immediate chore.

'Dusty floors...' She thought to herself, her face scrunching up in disgust. Yuki dropped the broom as it fell from her grasp, the stick making a noise as it hit the ground.

Kenshin saw Yuki walk away from a distance, "Oro? Is Yuki-Dono alright, that is?" He asked Tadashi and Jiro.

Tadashi snorted, "Who cares? The more important question is..." He glanced at Jiro, who nodded his head in response.

"How'd you get Yuki to give you that ribbon?" They both asked in union.

Kenshin sweatdropped nervously, "Oro?"

As Yuki walked towards her room, the door slid closed aggressively. The dark haired female quietly growled to herself; Her anger increasing by the minute.

"But why?" She asked herself, slowly taking her seat onto her lap. "Why did I reach to a point where I can't say anything anymore?" She asked desperately.

Yuki placed her palms on her lap, "I lost everything... all of my faith, my power, my title," She said in a slight whisper.

"The name you've given me... I pathetically disposed of it, I couldn't do what you asked me," Tears accompanied Yuki's eyes as her gaze lifted to the sky.

"Tell me, father..." She sniffed desperately. "What should I do...to retrieve my title? To be worthy of the name you've given me?" The atmosphere quieted.

"Tell me!" Yuki exclaimed, anger taking it's effect on her.

Soon, a voice was heard outside Yuki's door, causing her to quickly wipe her tears away and allow the individual to enter.

"Yuki-Dono?" Kenshin's soft voice called, causing Yuki to turn around and meet his gaze. "Oh! Kenshin, what are you doing here?" She asked.

Kenshin chuckled nervously, but soon quieted down as he saw a pinkish colour visible on Yuki's face. "Oro? Yuki-Dono, what happened? Are you alright?" He asked worriedly.

Yuki nodded, "I-I'm fine...! What did you want?" She asked, turning away from his view.

Kenshin's eyebrows softened, "Well-"

"Kenshin! You come back here and tell us your secret!" A figure named Jiro interjected, running towards Kenshin's direction.

Kenshin flailed his arms about as an indication for Jiro to leave. "Uh, J-Jiro-"

"Hey, what are you doing in Yuki's room?" He asked, raising his brow in confusion. Kenshin sweatdropped, "Jiro-san, Yu-"