Our Last Day Together | Chapter 13

• • •

The next morning, Kenshin woke up to the morning sun with a feeling of refreshment and relief. How the clouds above brought him such contentment, and how the beautiful flowers bloomed as he exited the house and walked into the scenery of green.

On this particular day, Kenshin felt an uneasy feel wash over him since the head of the morning. Every time he woke up, it felt as if it was the same day. Kenshin knew better than to let it occupy his mind, however, he felt that something might happen in the next few hours, something peculiar.

Yuki, who went out to the markets, asked him to tend to the garden whilst she was out; Kenshin figured that it was because she disliked seeing her greenery in vain.

And so, to her request, Kenshin picked up a shovel and began his duty.

Jiro, who was outside helping him, could not help but glance towards the Wanderer who was digging in the dirt. 'What does Yuki find so attractive about him..?' He thought mindlessly to himself as he took a seat near the house in order to rest.

Jiro thought there was something about him that was slightly peculiar, however, he hadn't that much of a care to let the red head occupy his mind.

"Red head!" Jiro called out, causing Kenshin to avert his gaze towards him. "Yes, Jiro-san?" Kenshin replied, smiling warmly.

Jiro had a aura of hesitation, "...Do you have, a thing, for Yuki?" He asked, hoping he would understand what he meant.

Kenshin grimaced, "Oro? A 'Thing'? What do you mean, that is?" He asked confusedly.

Jiro gritted his teeth, "You know...like, uh, argh! Um...Haha! C'mon, I know you get me." He chuckled.

Kenshin shook his head, "I apologise for saying so, but this one does not understand what you mean, that he does not." Kenshin innocently kept his gaze on the younger male.

'He's more of an idiot than I thought!' Jiro mentally growled.

"You really don't know what I'm asking?" He asks in disbelief.

Before Kenshin could reply, a cheerful voice was heard from afar. "Good morning, boys!" Yuki exclaimed as she walked in with a number of bags in her grasp.

Kenshin and Jiro immediately averted their gazes towards the female, "Yuki-Dono!" Kenshin exclaimed as he smiled sweetly.

Jiro scoffed, "Geez..."

Yuki smiled whilst her eyes slowly closed, "Haha! You won't believe the amount of groceries I've bought!" She laughed amusedly.

Kenshin's eyes widened, "Oro? Is that so?" He asked in interest.

Jiro clearly had no interest in this conversation, therefore he excused himself and walked away from their sight.

Yuki rolled her eyes, "Oh, that cow!" She exclaimed, clearly speaking of Jiro.

"All he does is sulk and walk away! It's as if he's doesn't care about anything anymore!" She sighed as her feet slowly walked towards the kitchen, Kenshin following.