Laundry In The Garden | Chapter 4

• • •

Kenshin sat cross-legged on the Tatami floors; Smiling as Yuki entered the dining room with a large tray in her grasp. The dark haired female smiled, "Here we are!" She exclaimed whilst sitting down.

Tadashi smiled heartfully, "It looks delicious, Yuki-san!" He drooled.

Jiro was lost in thought; What Kenshin said made him think deeply about his previous actions. "Jiro!" Yuki yelled in his ear.

The raven haired man jumped in fright, "Goddammit, Yuki! Just sto-" He interrupted himself, letting out a sigh. "Sorry, I was thinking. Thanks for breakfast, I'm starving." He said mumbling in one breath.

Yuki grinned sheepishly, "You're most welcome! Mister Wanderer, please feel free to ask for as many refills as you desire!" She clasped her hands together and smiled with her eyes closed.

"Thank you very much, Yuki-Dono! I appreciate it, that I do!" He gratefully bowed as Yuki offered him a bowl of rice with two large pieces of fish on top of the rice.

Kenshin savoured the aroma, before thanking Yuki once again and lifting his chopsticks and eating his breakfast.

"Does anyone know when Mizuki-chan and Natsumi-chan are coming?" Asked Tadashi, his mouth full of food.

Jiro shrugged, "Dunno. The old man's got a lot on his mind these days." He stated.

Yuki ate with her eyes closed, "I know, Ashitaka-san and his comrades are bothering him, which is why I'm thinking of letting the girls stay here." She spoke her thoughts aloud.

Tadashi choked on his food, "What?! Why!? Natsumi is the meanest creature I've seen in my life!" He exclaimed.

Kenshin stifled in a laugh as he saw Yuki pat his back in order to allow him to regain his breath. "She's not mean! You're mean! All you do is take away her ribbon! And in front of Mister Wanderer you pretend to be mature? Idiot." She spat out.

Jiro chuckled, "The girl's got a point."

Tadashi gasped loudly, "How dare you! You've betrayed me and my entire culture!" He exclaimed dramatically.

Kenshin raised his brow, "Oro? Culture?" He asked, dumfounded.

Yuki waved her hand, dismissing his statement. "Don't mind him, sometimes he could be a drama queen."

Tadashi piped up, "King! A drama king!"

Tadashi's statements have brought laughter throughout the dining room, and in all honesty, Kenshin hasn't enjoyed a meal such as this one for a while.

After breakfast, the four have parted ways and engaged in their own activities. Yuki hadn't allowed Kenshin to move from his seat for hours, but as the red head saw her moving around the house doing different chores - He couldn't sit down.

Kenshin got up from his seat, quietly walking out the house and outside to the garden. The red head examined the area; Filled with such beautiful greenery and plants, he felt very captivated by the sight.

As he turned around, he caught sight of Yuki hanging multiple pieces of clothing. "Yuki-Dono!" He exclaimed from a distance.