Chapter 12: No Longer Together

After Dj left, Poppy and Branch went to the kitchen. Branch couldn't help but admire the size and beauty of the house. "Alright, i'm gonna make you whatever you want. You shouldn't have to do anything after what happened." Poppy smiled at Branch and said okay. "Well, I would say a frozen pizza sounds good," Poppy said giggling. Branch pulled a pizza out of the freezer and pre-heated the oven. Once that was done, Branch put the plain cheese pizza in and went to sit with Poppy. "Poppy, listen. You may not want to, but we NEED to talk about this," Branch said pointing at Poppy's scar that was clearly visible. "Branch, i'm sorry okay, i'm a failure. I shouldn't have cut myself. I shouldn't have reacted the way I did. I'm just a failure at everything. I can't even keep the promise I made to my mom, to never cuss as long as I was alive. Maybe there's just no point in life anymore." Branch was startled by the usually happy trolls response. Even though he had only known her a week, he considered her one of her best friends. He could feel tears in his eyes as he began to talk. "P-poppy... D-don't say that," Branch began, but didn't know if he could finish without crying even more. Branch had her full attention now. "Listen... Think about this. If you killed yourself, who would hold our friends together. We would miss you so much. Especially Dj. Gosh you two are amazing friends. Your dad. Your all he has left. I would miss you, too. I would miss you a lot. You were so nice to me when I first got here, even though I was grey and depressed. You and Dj are the main reason I have my colors back. Thank you. So much. Please, don't think about killing yourself." Branch managed to hold the tears back, but once he finished his speech, he couldn't hold them back anymore. He began to cry, and so did Poppy. "Branch, I-i'm sorry. I would never do that. I'm sorry I said it." Poppy hugged Branch, which made Branch happy, and they both quit crying and heard the oven ding. "Well, let me get you your deluxe frozen pizza," Branch said laughing. "Why thank you, sir."

Branch and Poppy split the pizza and sat at the table, not really eating as much as they were laughing. They were listening to the radio and Poppy's favorite song came on. True Colors. Branch began to sing along with the 1st part, not realizing he was singing, and that no one had ever heard him sing before. Poppy paused the song and stared at Branch. He realized what he did and turned bright red. "Branch, wow... you have an amazing voice." "Thanks, you know, I know you sing all the time, but I haven't heard yours yet." Poppy pressed play on the song and began to sing along with it. They both got up from the table, and began to dance across the dining room. They were singing and laughing together, and realized they were slow dancing together. They both blushed, but knew they were enjoying it. "And I see your true colors shining through, and I see your true colors, and that's why I love you," Branch sang to Poppy and after he said I love you, they both blushed, even though they both knew he didn't mean it. Yet. Poppy began to sing as they danced around, and noticed a pink light coming from the ground. She looked down and saw her feet were pink and it was spreading across her body. 

Once the song was over, they both fell onto the couch laughing. "Thank you Branch. This means more to me then you know. Also, I have a something to tell you. You know Chenille. She has a crush on Dj." Branch was surprised, as he didn't know Chenille felt that way about girls. "Well, we have only been dating for a week. If something happens between them. So be it." Branch was slightly disappointed and Poppy could tell, so she tried to make him feel better. "And if something happens between us, so be it." Poppy didn't realize how straight forward that really was until it came out of her mouth. Branch turned to her blushing like crazy. "Poppy, do you l-like me?"  Poppy turned red and knew she couldn't hide it any longer. "Yes... I do... i'm sorry, you can go home now if you want." Poppy was disappointed, but was still looking at Branch. "Why would I leave, were having so much fun. Plus, I think I might like you, too." Poppy lit up even more and led Branch back to the dining room where they finished there pizza.

After they finished, Branch got a call from Dj, so he excused himself and went outside to talk to her. "Hey Branch, I have something to tell you. Chenille wanted to spend the night tonight, so I let her, and she told me how she felt about me, and I think I might feel the same way for her. I'm so sorry. I don't want to hurt you, but... I'm sorry." Branch cut her off. "Don't worry about it. We were only dating for a week. Plus Poppy told me she likes me, and I think I feel the same for her." "Well I was hoping you two would hit it off," Dj and Branch laughed. "So, I guess this is it huh." "I guess it is. But don't worry. your still one of my best friends," Dj concluded. "Thanks, you too Dj. Well, see you in the morning, bye." "Bye."

Branch went back inside and told Poppy. "Alright, so me and Dj just broke up. but don't worry, it ended on good terms and it's fine. She broke up with me because Chenille is staying at her house and Chenille told her she liked her, and Dj thinks she likes her back." "Oh Branch, I'm so sorry." Poppy ran to him and gave him a hug. "Don't worry. If everything works out the way I hope it does, things will be better then ever." Branch blushed and Poppy knew he was talking about being with her. "I feel the same way." With that, Poppy and Branch went upstairs to go to sleep. Poppy went to her room, and Branch went into the room next to hers. "Uh, Branch where are you going. That's my dad's room." they both laughed. "Alright then where is the guest room." "Well there is one right across from my dad's, or you can sleep with me. I don't think it's bad to sleep with someone unless your having sex. And I think we both know that's not gonna happen." Poppy realized she made it awkward and tried to play it off. Meanwhile, Branch blushed and went into Poppy's room. 

Her room was pink, obviously, with while furnishings. "Wow Poppy, nice room." "Thanks, I painted it and designed it myself." Branch looked around while Poppy went to get ready for bed, and Branch went to change in the next room. Then they went to sleep together, not realizing that they had somehow managed to get into a cuddling position in there sleep. 

Hope you liked the chapter. Thanks for 1k views on the other story. Thanks for reading. Remember to comment what you thought.

Stay Alive, My Friens, It's Worth It