Chapter 13: Cooper

Branch was the first to wake up to Poppy's alarm. He began to get up and realized him and Poppy were close to each other. Really close. He tried to move out of it without waking up Poppy, but he failed. She woke up and saw they were cuddling with each other. They both blushed. "Whoops... Uh, sorry Branch." Branch began to blush even more then he already was. "it's ok. To tell you the truth, I kinda liked it." Poppy smiled and they both got up. 

Poppy and Branch got ready for school and went to the park to wait for there friends. Dj and Chenille were the first to show up. "Oh hey Branch, I see you moved on quickly," Dj said jokingly. "Yep, I guess I did." Chenille stood there slightly nervous. "I know you already know, but Chenille is now my girlfriend." Chenille looked at Dj and smiled. They hadn't officially agreed to date yet, but Dj just made it clear. Chenille gave her an affectionate hug.  

Everyone else got to the park on time, except for Biggie. The group waited and waited until they saw him walking up with a familiar figure. Cooper. The Snack Pack ran to greet him, except for Branch, who had no idea who he was. "Hey guys, long time no see!" Cooper said excitingly. They all talked for a minute until Cooper noticed Branch. "And is this the guy that too my place," Cooper said jokingly. "NO one could ever take your place. Cooper, this is Branch. Branch, Cooper." They both exchanged greetings and Branch joined in with the rest of the group. "So Cooper, why are you back?" "Well i'm only back until Sunday morning, then I have to go back home, but at least I have 3 days with my favorite people in the world! Hey, where's Creek?" The group suddenly lost their smiled when they heard that name. "Creek's a bitch," Dj said, the group nodding their head in agreement. "He cheated on Poppy." "Oh I'm so sorry Poppy," Cooper said, genuinely sad for her. "It's ok Cooper, i lost my colors at first, but Branch helped me gain them back." Poppy smiled at Branch, and he returned the favor. "Guy's we gotta get to school, bye Cooper. Can you meet us after school at the Coffee shop," Smidge asked him. "I wouldn't miss it. See you guys later!"

First period ended, and Poppy walked with Branch to second period. "Branch, you know you don't have to walk me to my class, right," Poppy said curiously. "yeah, but one, we have 2nd and 3rd period together, and two, I want to walk the girl i like to class. Is that ok with you?" Branch said blushing and laughing. "Yeah it is," She said feeling special. 

2nd period started, and Branch sat next to Poppy, as he always did, but something was different this time. He couldn't pay attention. He couldn't take his eyes off Poppy. Time began to pass, and he hadn't realized how long he had been looking at her. "Mr. Branch, is there something you would like to tell Mrs. Poppy, or are you just going to stare at her?" The whole class began laughing and Branch blushed more then he ever has in his life. Poppy was laughing, too and reassured Branch. "It's Branch, I think it's kinda cute," Poppy said giving Branch a sideways smile.

After an uneventful rest of the day, the Pack left for the coffee shop. Branch and Dj didn't have to work today, and The was thinking about quitting, since she had the opportunity to work with Chenille at her mother's boutique. And it also payed more then the theater. Oh the way to the coffee shop, Branch told Poppy about Dj possibly quitting, and suggested maybe she should work there since she didn't have a job. "Branch, I would love that," Poppy said.

Cooper was waiting for them at the shop, and he remembered the table they used to sit at together. "Hey guys, what took you so long," Cooper said playfully. "School, that's what," Biggie said. They all laughed and sat down at the table. They ordered their coffee, and began to catch up. "So I'll tell you about what's been going on with me later, but I'd like to know more about Branch," Cooper said curiously. Poppy was the first to speak. "He moved hear about a week ago. Him and Dj were dating, but now Dj and Chenille are dating, and me and Branch are talking." She didn't feel the need to include anymore of his personal life then she had to. "Well that's interesting. Dj, I didn't know you were bi." "Neither did I, until last night," she said laughing. The group joined in and then received their coffee. Cooper drank his up fast. "Its been so long since I've had this wonderful drink."

The group talked for a while, until agreeing to order some sandwiches and take them to the park for a picnic.

Branch and Poppy went to the park to set up the picnic. They got blankets, cups, plates, and silverware from Poppy's house. On the way there, Branch tried to get everything so Poppy didn't have to carry anything. "Branch, why are you being so nice. Walking me to class, carrying my stuff. What's the reason behind it?" "Well... I really like you. And I want to prove that to you," he said setting​ the stuff down on the ground. "Well thanks, your already better then Creek was." "Poppy, don't worry about Creek. He didn't deserve someone as beautiful and sweet as you." Branch began to blush, realizing what just came out of his mouth. "You r-really think I'm... Beautiful," Poppy said getting red. "Well yeah. Inside and out." Poppy gave him a affectionate hug, and they heals each other for quite some time.

The Snack Pack arrived, and they had their picnic. Once it was over, Cooper thought of a great idea. "Hey guys, you wanna have. A sleepover tomorrow since its the only day I can?" Everyone quickly agreed, as they couldn't turn down a sleepover. Poppy said they could have it at her house, and the date was set. Poppy asked Branch to stay with Poppy again, since her dad still wasn't home. He agreed, and went towards Poppy's house.

Hey everyone. Sorry for not updating in a while. Just a lot going on. Hope you guys liked it. I should have at least one chapter out everyday, except for Wednesday's and Fridays. Thanks for reading. Remember to comment what you thought.

Stay Alive, My Friend, Its Worth It