Chapter seven: Our parting, brought out ignored feelings

I unlocked the door and stepped inside. The whole place was dark except for a light that seemed to be on inside the kitchen. I slid off my shoes with each foot as I locked the door.

I unhurriedly walked down the hallway and saw who was in the kitchen this late at night. It was Juvia.

Her head snapped up in my direction as I entered the kitchen.

"(Y/N)? Where were you? I was so worried." I looked at her and refrained from screaming but taking notice of the slight bags under her clear blue eyes.

Why am I so stupid? This didn't have to happen. I could have simply told her 'no', but she's been my best friend since, like, forever. I just couldn't say no.

I adjusted my bag on my shoulder as I opened the fridge door. I scanned it, my eyes landing on my object of desire and I pulled out the entire box of chocolate milk and headed out the kitchen, ignoring her presence. I honestly didn't want to talk about it, or why I was arriving home at 12:00 in the night when school ended at 2:25.

"(Y/N), why are you acting like this?" She stood up in panic. She knows that I tend to take the whole box of chocolate milk when I'm upset. It's a known fact throughout my family.

"Acting. Like. What?" I turned around to face her, slowly. "A soulless doll? Is that what you mean? Well, maybe if you stopped controlling my life and saying whatever you want I wouldn't be like this!" I spat harshly. A tear slipped down my cheek. I let out a shaky breath, trying to re-access my choice of speech. "You're my best friend Juvia. I have a soft spot for you."

Natsu.

I turned around and headed upstairs to my room with a heavy heart. All that was heard from me were the slow, quiet creeks of the wooden stairs due to my footsteps, though slight sniffles from Juvia.

I'm sorry, Juvia.

My eyes were closed and I forcibly blinked. The back of my eyelids filled my vision with darkness and I opened my eyes only to be blinded by the sun.

I barely got any sleep last night and I'm surprised I got any at all. I remembered staring at the ceiling most of the time and tossing and turning and when I finally found some peace of mind, drifting off to sleep, I would wake up, only to find tears staining my cheeks. Why was this hurting so much? I don't know.

But what I do know is that there were other ways, other options and that things didn't have to turn out like this. But I'm an idiot, no, inexperienced is more like it. Most importantly, I realized that I was really going to miss Natsu and I cared for him a whole lot more than my head was willing to tell me.

But it's too late. He hates me now. I betrayed him, I hurt him so badly. A double-edged sword is what you would call this. The both of us were being brought down through my actions.

I slid out of my bed, feeling nothing at all but the raw taste of saliva in my mouth.

I entered the bathroom and did my business. I washed my hands afterward, then I brushed my teeth and washed my face.

I exited the bathroom and changed into a baggy sweater and sweatpants.

I crawled back into my bed and took my laptop off of my dresser and opened it up. I typed in the password and waited for it to load.

It soon brought me to my home screen and I opened up Netflix to watch anime. I decided on one and clicked on it and began to watch the first episode.

By the time I finished the anime my eyes were burning and I had to blink a couple of times before they went back to normal.

I kept thinking about the events of yesterday and I slapped myself each time as if there was a mosquito. If anyone saw me, they'd probably think there was something seriously wrong with me.