Chapter nine: I make you wet

{Most of you guys might be going to bed right now or are retiring from your device for the night, although I didn't choose a specific time to post this, just Tuesday so here it is!}

The following day, Natsu and I decided that it was best to work on the project in a public library. Well, it was more like I decided and Natsu didn't have a choice. I knew if we worked on it at my house we wouldn't be able to complete the rest of this project. Besides, there was only a little bit left and it should take about an hour or so.

Natsu picked me up from my house and drove the two of us to the library. That's how I go in this situation. I am settled down in the seat opposite of him and I don't know what to do. We only have a little bit of the project to finish and it should take about an hour, mainly because we'd have to connect our information, but I'm not doing my part. Why? I can't freaking think of anything other than, Natsu.

He's been on my mind since last night and I can't get him out of my head. His voice has been on repeat in my ears for so long that every time I look away from him I feel as though he is talking to me when, in fact, he's not.

He's surprisingly been silent and working properly, he hasn't been doing anything weird, okay, that's stupid. I'm the one who's been thinking of weird things since this morning. The movement of his lips on mine are faintly there and since then, I've been wanting to kiss him, but I can't! It's embarrassing. So-so embarrassing.

Speaking of which, how does Natsu do it? Oh god, he must be so dense that he doesn't even get embarrassed.

"Okay, what's wrong?" Natsu suddenly asks and I blink stupidly.

"What?" He looks amused, his lips quirking up into a smirk that made his lips look even more kissable. Oh, hormones please calm down! Not today, definitely not today!

"You've been staring at me all this time, I doubt you've even started." He says bluntly and I look away, biting my lip to try and suppress the blush, I hardly think it's working.

"Oh," I mumble, twirling my pencil between my fingers.

"Yeah, oh," He mocks, his eyes dancing making my ogle him again. Crap.

"Seriously, with all this staring there must be something on your mind. What is it?" He tries again, his face turning more serious, but I can still see the tango going on in his eyes.

"Seriously, it's nothing." I also try again and he scoffs.

"Don't lie to me, (Y/N),"

"I'm not lying to you!" I say, exasperated. Why is he so concerned?

He gives me a stern glance and studies my face slowly. I feel uneasy under his gaze and find myself pulling the sleeves of my shirt uncomfortably as I nibble on my bottom lip. I avert my gaze before bringing my eyes back up to his, falling on his face and then dropping to his lips. I suddenly remember the way I was on top of him yesterday and how Juvia walked in.

"I got it." He finally says and I flinch. Huh? "This is about yesterday, isn't it." He hit the weasel right on the head. Of course, it's about yesterday, you idiot!

"This is not about yesterday." Well, who said I was going to say that out loud? Definitely not me.

He leans over the table and narrows his eyes at me, a sly smile on his face. "It is." And with those two words, he has me blushing. I attempt to ignore him and my flaming cheeks as pretend to do something on my paper as an excuse to exit this embarrassing conversation.

Why is he always so blunt? I mean, it's hot and all-,

"We're going swimming." Damn.

...Wait, what?