Chapter ten: Let's Start Over

Play video when you see this: *

Thank you so much animewolf_102 / AshleyMitchel457 for this super cool Fan art. It looks really nice. I'm glad you like the book.

 I'm glad you like the book

****

I catch up with Natsu and we head to the car side by side. I wonder why he didn't want to kiss me. What are we anyway? I unconsciously fall behind and when I notice it, Natsu is already inside the car. A part of me wanted him to open the door for me, but it's whatever.

I make it to the car and grip the door handle, about to pull it open, but Natsu comes out of the car and I pause for a moment, thinking he's really going to open the door for me.

He comes all the way to my side and by then music is playing from the car, my lips part slowly. My heart skips a beat when he keeps walking and my brows furrow slightly. What is he planning?

The moment he's in front of me, he grabs me by my waist and pulls me close to him making my heart cower again. "Let's dance." His voice comes out smoky and I can practically feel my entire body melting. I wasn't aware that two words could sound so hot. Of course, I didn't want to dance. But no matter how much I thought this and mentally supported this answer, my whole body gave another response entirely.

My eyes widened as I blushed and my throat, oh my poor dry throat. "O-Okay," I croak, already feeling butterflies in my stomach, making me internally freak out. He gives me a lazy grin at this answer and for a moment I don't regret what I said, for a moment.

Though, the feeling of regret quickly washes away the second he takes my hand in his, his arm tightening around my back, keeping me close to him. No matter how hard my heart was beating, no matter how much I felt as if it would leave my chest, the regret is long gone.

Natsu starts to move us gently to the music and he has a casual smile on his face. Why does it feel like only my insides are turning to mush?

I embarrassingly look into his chest and avoid looking anywhere but, and no, I wasn't watching his nipples. Nope.

Because I'm not so very aware of his presence and am definitely not freaking out.

Oh yes you are.

Freaking shut it.

See, Natsu? You're making me crazy!

Oh yes he is.

Little-!

"Look at me." He whispers in my ear and I stiffen under his touch, but he brings me impossibly closer and continues to move us to the beat. My god, scared the shit out of me.

I don't look at him because I can't. I try to ignore him, although I am fully aware of his intentions. My breath hitches in my throat and suddenly, it's what I'm trying to focus on; leveling my breathing. Was it working? Definitely no.