Chapter 76

"Mission accomplished!" Laksh comes toward Ragini and Swara, who has come after doing her part. His face relaxed and happy, exactly like a 8 year old who has managed to get his hand in candy jar. He looks at them and his expression changes suddenly when he sees that something has gotten both sisters worried. He follows their gaze to look at the object which has gotten his girlfriend and his best friend worried.
"Oh god" Laksh gives a very loud squeak which would have made Swara laugh if only she would not have been in this position.

"We did it" Sanskar comes toward them with a wide grin." Can you believe it? We did it and no one even got to know!" He exclaims, way too proud of himself. This was the first time he has done this kind of sneaking and he was successful.
Sanskar also notices their face, all white, as if they have seen a ghost. "What happened to all of you?" Sanskar asks. "You are behaving as if either guards or Dadi or Dida got to know what we did!" He jokes but when Swara nods her head, he realizes, Dadi and Dida have really woken up and right now glaring at all of them.

"What were you guys doing? Wandering at mid night???" Dida asks as in disbelieving tone as if she can't believe that all 4 of them can do something this stupid.
"And what is all these scarfs doing in your hand, Ansh?" Swara and Ragini looks at those scarfs as if wishing it just go invisible.
"We were ...." Swara starts to explain but doesn't get any excuse.
"Playing!" Ragini adds with full conviction so that Dadi and Dida won't be able to see through their lies. "Yeah Dida...we were playing sorta scavenger hunt but in this game bot brothers had to find all these scarfs which we have put in every corner of the house" Ragini adds the rule just so no one will ruin her excuse by their inability to lie.
"Yeah and we will compare the time, we have taken to find these scarfs, to the time both Swara and Ragini have taken to find our stuffs earlier" Sanskar adds and Ragini looks at him as if impressed.
"Okay so who won???" Dadi asks, her voice heave with sleep.
"They took forty minutes to find these scarfs where as we took 38 minutes to find their stuff" Swara answers in hurry.
"No you both took 42 minutes... we won!" Laksh contradicts as if losing is not acceptable... not even in a game which has not been played yet.
"Liar! We won" Ragini looks at Laksh in such a way, like he really has lied. All the while who was silent was sanskar wondering in his mind how he got trapped between these three.

Dadi and Dida looking convinced that they are really telling truth, and what convinced them most was their fight, allowed them to go to their rooms but not before increasing their punishment. Now four of them have to arrange the files in certain way in file room and cook all the meals.

Without getting chance to talk about something else, four of them retires to their room and eventually to their bed.
Swara and ragini happy to delay the conversation as much as possible but both brothers upset as they wanted to end the awkwardness and any wrong ideas in girls' mind.
Ragini tries to talk to Swara in their room but she gives in to tiredness and let herself fall to sleep without apologizing to swara.
All this planning and adrenaline rush has surely tired all of them because remaining 3 also fall asleep as soon as their heads hit pillows.

****************
"Good morning" Dadi wishes in sickengly sweet tone making both of sister startle and wake up from their deep sleep.
"Good morning!" Ragini grumbles and tries to fall asleep again but Dadi pulls her away from bed; Dida does the same with Swara.

"We made breakfast today as you guys were taking your own sweet time in waking up but don't think that this won't add up to your punishment" Dida warns before giving them breakfast, making all of them groan.
"Yes... now you will have to arrange the files and also clean the library"
"And we will manage the meals and anyway at our we should not take chance with our health by eating food like yesterday's lunch." Dadi teases making Swaragini groan and Swalak laugh.

"We both should do files since we know about it most and you both brothers should do library... if we are finished earlier then we will come to help you" Ragini proposes trying to delay the conversation with Laksh.
"No! You tell me how the files are arranged and I will help you there where as Shona and bhai can start with library and then when we will be finished we will come here to help them" Laksh smirks at his girlfriend understanding very well that she is trying to run away. Swara and Ragini opens their mouth to argue but both brothers pull their respective girlfriend to their destination.