To Create, One Must First Destroy

David POV
8 months later, we finally decided to resume our journey to the Engeneers homeplanet. We would have waited until Gea was a little older to ensure she could whithstand 1 year in cryosleep, but we were out of supplies.
Everyday, both Elizabeth and I found ourselves fascinated by her. She hadn't shown any signs of her other 15%, but it was only matter of time.
I didn't mind that much, though. She was the proof that humanity's fails form into adulthood. It can be prevented. Maybe they aren't all so worthless.
I was gonna make sure my Gea wouldn't be a part of that trash.
So, Elizabeth and I had found another cryosleep chamber, where she would go.
A cry broke the silence, and we both grinned, as Elizabeth got up the table we were planning our jorney on.
"Good morning, pea"
I heard her changing the child "Today is a brand new day. And it's about to get better..."
She whined, then cried softly. That was my call.
I got up and walked to the 'nursery' which merely consisted on an improvised cot, a sort of drawer that did as changing table and a handmade steel rocking chair.
"Morning" I greeted.
She looked around in my search. But I had knelt down by the drawer she was laying on, and began to fuss
"Oh, c'mon David" Elizabeth scolded me "Don't do that to the poor babe"
I stood, popping up in her field of vision "Boo"
She laughed, babbling. I smiled, and blew a raspberry on her tummy, making her laugh harder.
The sound of her laugh, it made me...complete. Satisfied. I enjoyed it.
"Look who's come to see you!" Elizabeth said
I picked her up above my head "How's my Gea?"
She babbled some more, reaching her arms at me.
I lowered her to my chest. She grabbed my finger and sucked it.
"Hungry, are we? C'mon, go to mummy." I placed her on the floor so she could crawl to Elizabeth.
"Here you are. Good girl!" Sje picked her up and sat in the rocking chair.
When I look back at these days, I still feel at peace. I must say this was the closest thing to a family I've ever had, and, as unconventional and fake as it was, I shall give Elizabeth credit.
We were three people in a foreign planet. A family formed by a synthetic, a steril human, and her hybrid daughter. We had nothing. But we relied in one another, and that seemed enough.

I couldn't help but to compare it to the Weyland household. It was big, luxirious, fancy. It had all You could ask for. Full of inventions that hadn't outed the market Yet, like myself. But it was cold. The two main occupants of the house didn't barely say a word to each other.
He was always at work.
She was always at school.
They were both hardworking, ambicious, competitive, perfectionists. Proud.
Her mother, Molly Vickers had left when discovering his cheating, who had resulted in a illegitimate daughter, whose mother had claimed Mr.Weyland's DNA test. Everything had broke down when it turned out positive.
The bastard was 13 years old. Her name was Jo.
And she had been the only human to be kind to me.
That lead me to have a soft spot for her.
Which aumented Meredith's hate towards ms, and her father.

I was brought back to present by a tug in my trousers.
"Let's go playing, huh?" I scooped her up
"I'll finish fixing the coordinates. I can't believe it's finally happening!" Elizabeth almost jumped from excitement.
I smiled "Your mummy is like a child sometimes, right?" I told Gea, knowing she would hear me.
"I think I can afford it"
"I told You not to hold too many hopes. To be realistic"
"Don't be So negative, David. I need something to look forward to."
I sighed. "What If they turn out to be a dissapointment?"
"As long as they are no worse" she smiled

"She's asleep" Elizabeth whispered, with the bundle craddled in her arms 
"Here, let me take her" I said
She shook her head with a smile "How sentimental"
I rolled my eyes, grinning "You're the one who keeps the drawings of her sleeping"
"You're the one who draws her sleeping!"
"I'm bored at night"
"And who knit that...ball with eyes for her?"
"My boredom. And the fact that her wanting a stuffed toy hadn't crossed your mind"
"She was 5 days old"
"And now 8 months and still sleeps with it" I pointed at the item, who's tail was in Gea's mouth
She chuckled and handed the sleeping child. "You'll regret it if You wake her up. We need to set off"
She settled, face buried on my chest. "When You wake up, we'll be in a new world. And I'll make sure you're safe. Oh, I'm going to miss You. But I'll come to visit you everyday." I brushed my lips against her head.
I really did grow fond of that human. Sometimes I wondered why. But, somehow, she was my creation. She wouldn't exist if I hadn't put that drop on Holloway's glass.
So, in a way, she was mine.  I laughed. What would Mr.Weyland say if he knew? His creation had created something of his own.
When Gea was in cryosleep, it was Elizabeth turn.
"Keep an eye on her, okay?"
"Don't worry."
She lied down, but sat up again "What if you're right? What if they are no better than us?"
"So long as they are no worse" I repeated her words, with a grin. Her nerves calmed down, returning the smile "Maybe I should start being positive, as you say"
She nodded, laying down.
"Sleep tight. I'll wake you when we arrived" I activated cryosleep.

Look on my words,
Ye mighty
And despair.....

1 year and a half later, it was all over. The engeneers were a fraud, a dissapointment. I kmew it from the start, but who was I to break Elizabeth's dream? I decided she was never to know. She had gone through a lot of deception already, why to wake her up and give her more pain? She deserved to die happy at least, not in another desert.
So, there were only two of us now. Gea and I. My first of many creations.
I walked to her chamber. She was just like the day we had started the trip. Her toy's hazel eyes smiling at her as she clutched her to her chest.
So I woke her up. Her now blue eyes rested on mine. And I saw it:
She'd grow up to be something greater
Beautiful.
A magestic melody.
A masterpiece; Mine.
Perfect.