Arrival

10 Years Later

"Daddy, can I go fetching Liza?"
"Honey, we have to look after the babies"
"But I left her on the cave, when we went yesterday. I can go while you watch the babies" Gea yawned
"You haven't slept well tonight" he knelt to her level, placing a hand on her forhead to check her temperature
"Because I didn't have Liza"
He sighed "Can't we go after we finish with the babies?"
"There's gonna be a storm. The sky is going dark."
"I'm not sure..."
"Please Daddy" she pouted "I need Liza to sleep"
He made a face.
"You can take care of the babies while I go. I know the way. I'll be quick. You won't even realize I'm gone"
He grinned "I always notice when you're more than 16 inches apart from me"he ruffled her hair tenderly, giving in "But I'll allow"
She smiled brightly, wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing his cheek
He returned the gesture, kissing her nose "Don't dwadle, though. Remember to press the button if you need me, okay?" He tapped the white device on her right ear. It was a replacement for the ear she had lost. It was connected to his system, so he could locate her anywhere.
She nodded "I hafta go, Daddy" she reminded, as his arms were still wrapped around her.
He frowned, hestitating, but let go "Take care"
The girl was already running off, but replied, in her sweet cheery childish voice "I love you!"
He smiled, getting up and following her with his gaze untill she dissapeared.

"Liza! Here you are!" Gea picked up her woolen stuffed toy, now wasted from time passing, and being carried here and there. It still had her smile, and the hazel eyes.
"We have to go now, Daddy is waiting for us" Gea put it in her pocket, and made her way back home.
A loud bang was heard, and something big fell from the sky. Gea ran off back to the cave, but tripped over a stone and fell, accidentally smashing the Ear. She was scared, and her ankle hurted lots.
The trick, Gea, is not minding that it hurts
Daddy's words instantly echoed in her head. So, she didn't make a sound.
"The trick is not minding that it hurts. The trick is not mindimg that it hurts..." She repeated to herself, over and over, while crawling the short distance left to the cave.
"Daddy will come back. Daddy always finds me" she explined to Liza, and herself.
"What could that flying thing?" She made Liza ask.
"I don't know, Lizz. But Daddy will know, Daddy knows EVERYTHING" she smiled proudly.
It was true. There wasn't a question Daddy didn't have an answer to.
Suddenly, she heard steps. And two unknown figures entered the cave.
"Doctor E. Shaw"
"Dr. Elizabeth Saw" one of them said
"She was the chieff science officer of the Prometheus"
Gea couldn't keep quiet "That's Mommy"
Both jumped, pointing at her with the lanterns.
One of them was a girl, like her, but grown up. She had never seen another girl before. She had never seen anybody else but Daddy. That's why the familiar face of the other relaxed her.
"Who are you?" The... -Daddy said grown up girls were Women- the woman spoke
"Gea" she answered, eyes fixated on the... - was it Man?-
She pointed him "You!"
"I am Walter" he said, looking back at her. His hair was shorter than Daddy's, and his voice was...strange.
She liked Daddy better.
"I am Daniels. What are You doing here?"
"I came here to get Liza" she looked at her friend "But when we werent going back home, something fell from the sky, so I came back, and fell, and I'm waiting for Daddy to come, 'cos I broke my EAR." She tapped it softly
"Who's your Daddy?"
She tilted her head to the left side, not understanding.
"What's your daddy's name?"
She giggled. What a silly question. "Daddy"
"No. His name"
She giggled again "I'm telling You! His name's Daddy"
The woman sighed "Do you live here?"
She chuckled "No. We come here to play"
"But is it in this planet?" Water said
She laughed "Of course! Where else?"
"Would you know the way? We need to speak with... Your daddy"
"Why?"
"We are lost. The thing from the sky is our ship..."
"Ah!" She smiled at the familiar word. "This is a ship"
They looked around. "Yes. Indeed it is" Water confirmed
"But is not ours. Ours fell. Is broken. We need to fix it" Daniels explained "Can you take us to your Daddy?"
She nodded, and jumped down the rock she was sitting on, unable to supress a sorrowful moan
"What is it?" Daniels asked
"It...it hurts" she admitted "I need Daddy"
"We can take you there. But you need to show us the way"
Gea doubted;
On one hand, she was a bit scared because it was her first time meeting new people, and Daddy wasn't here.
On the other hand, it was exiciting. And they said they could get her to Daddy. Besides, Water was just like Daddy. They couldn't be bad.
She made a decision and raised her arms to the man.
He looked at the woman who nodded, and Water picked her up.
She wrapped herself around him, reaching a hand to his hair. She frowned
"Your hair is too short. I can't play with it. Daddy's better"
"I was designed like this"
"You talk funny"
"That's because we are americans. And you are British."
"What's that?"
"Geographic procedence"
She titled her head
"We were born in different places" Daniels explained
"Ah" she nodded "Your hair is short too. That's boring!"
"It's practical. We don't have to waste time brushing it. But we don't get to comb it as cool as yours"
She blushed "Thank you! Daddy combs it for me so that I'm always perfect"
"Is it just the two of you?"
"And the babies. But I don't see them much."
"And your Mommy?"
She shook her head "She's gone. Daddy says she's watching over us, tho"
"I'm sorry she's gone" Water said
"Its ok. Daddy takes care of me. So it's fine, Water"
"It's Walter"
"But that doesn't..." She was interrupted by screams.
They saw fire, it was the ship.
Walter took her to a safe place, and ran off.
She could see everything tho. They were the Babies!!! Just like Daddy said they would look like!
But...they scared the strangers. They were hurting them.
"NOO!" she cried.
One of the babies turned to her, and ran towards.
They are your brothers.
Daddy had once said.
She raised a hand, fearlessly, and placed it on the great head.
The Baby stayed still, grunting softly, and mimicked her.
Then, a flare ran the sky, and the baby ran off, with the rest of the babies.
"DADDY!" Gea called excitedly when seeing the familiar shilouette
He instantly turned to her voice and ran towards "Where were you? I was worried"
"I know. I'm sorry Daddy"
"It's okay. As long as You are too" he bent down
She nodded "I fell, EAR broke. I think I got my ankle twisted. But the trick..."
"...is not minding that it hurts" they recited together
"That's my girl" he kissed her cheek "Your skin is cold. I shouldn't have let You leave with those short sleeves. Come" he opened his cloak, motioning her to step closer. He picked her up and buttoned the cloak again, so they were both inside.
"Can they come too? Wat...Walter carried me here, with Daniels" she pointed at them "They are nice. They got lost here. Walter looks like You, but I knew he wasn't you because he talks funny -he's from a different place- and You have better hair".
Daddy grinned "Alright. I owe them for bringing You safe"
He turned to the others "Follow me!"