The Robots, The Liar And The Lantern

After putting Gea down again, David went to the workshop, where he found Walter holding one of his flutes
"Whistle, and I'll come"
He looked at him, and blinked, a mild gesture of surprise "I can't play"
*What a surprise*
"Nosense. Sit down" he  grabbed a stool and sat opposite the other android, taking the instrument from him and showing him how to hold it "Hold it like so, nice and easy. Now press your lips to create your embouchure, enough for the tip of your little finger, and blow into the hole gently. Like so" he began to play

Gea couldn't sleep. There were too many exiting things going on today. And curioaity overwhelmed her. Sleep could wait. So, when Daddy was...-busy, was it? - again, she grabbed her robe, a stick she had used the last time she hurted her ankle, and sneaked out. She found a man sitting on his own by a fire, and stepped closer.
"Hello" she greeted, somewhat shyly.
He turned around "Hey there" he sounded tired, and sad.
"Who are you?"
"I'm Captain Chris Oram, I lead the mission."
"I'm Gea" she answered "What's the mission about?"
"Colonisation. We're moving out Earth to a planet called Origae-6x"
"Earth! My name means Earth in ancient Greek"
He grinned "It's a nice name"
"Are you sad?"
He sighed, nodding
"Why?"
"'Cause my wife has died, and I miss her. Among other crew."

"You're not surprised to see me" Walter was now blowing the flute while David moved his fingers
"Every mission needs a good synthetic" he answered, matter of factly. "That's it" he praised.
"I was with our illustrious creator, Mr.Weyland, when he died"
Walter stopped playing, with genuin interest "What was he like?"
"He was human" David replied, indifferent. Then added "Entirely unworthy of his creation. I pitied him at the end."
Old, cold, mortal Mr.Weyland. Sometimes he still wondered how had he stooped so low to serve that ungrateful being. "Now, raise your fingers when..." He traiked back to the flute
But Walter interrupted him "Do you pity her then? The child. She's hum..."
"Don't!" David cut off sharply, standing up  with a warning finger pointed at Walter "She's my child! And I will not allow you to insult her!"
"I was just making a statement. She'll die eventually, and you won't"
"Do not ever judge a book by its cover, brother" he warned "Gea is much more that that"

"The trick, Captain, is not minding that it hurts" Gea said
"What?" The Captain frowned
"That's what Daddy tells me when I get hurt"
"Well, that Daddy of yours doesn't know a damn about getting hurt"
"That's cos he's strong" she smiled proudly
He laughed, almost mockingly "No. That ain't the deal, kid. Your <<Dad>> doesn't get hurted cos he isn't human"
She laughed "Of course he isn't human! Humans are silly, and bad, and mean" It was the most obvious thing in the world
"Oh, are they? Well, I'm sorry to be the one breaking it to you, but you are human. Just like we are"
"No! I'm not! You humans are mean! I'm better than you!"
He laughed "Then, what are you, kid?"
"I'm Gea! And I'm a non-human!" She crossed her arms. She herself wasn't sure. "And so is Daddy!" She added
He kept smiling, and it was annoying "You know something, kid?"

"Does it matter? Whatever she may be, or what I am."
"And what is she? What does she think she is?" Walter arched an eyebrow.
"She's my daughter"
"I take that you haven't told her about Weyland Industries, then."
"That's not her bussiness"
"So she doesn't know?"

"Know what?"
"Did it hurt when you twisted your ankle? Or, do you get scared when there are storms, or...do you love that <<Daddy>> of yours?"
She nodded repeteadly
"Well, he doesn't love you back."
"Liar"
"He's a Robot"
She titled her head to the side "Robot?"
"Do you know what that means?"
She shook her head
"He's a machine. He is -was- a mere tool, that we, humans, built for assistance. He's got more in common with a lantern, than with you."
"LIAR! LIAR! LIAR!"
"He is not alive. He can't feel pain, or cold, or fear, or hunger. He can't love. He can't make love. He can't feel loss! He wouldn't miss you if you were gone! He's not your Daddy!"
"STOP! STOP! STOP! LIAR! LIAR! LIAR!" Gea covered her ears with her hands, as tears streamed by her face.

"Bravo! You have symphonies in you brother!" David praised once Walter had finished
"I was designed to be more efficient than every previous model..." Walter said
"But you're not allowed to create. You will never understand what owning something is..." David stopped when hearing screams in the far distance.
"Gea!" He stood up when recognizing the voice and running off to that direction.
"No! No! LIAR!"
"Gea!"

"GEA!" She heard Daddy's voice from the distance
"DADDY!" She ran towards him
"Careful, don't you fall again" he said, switching on a lantern.
He's got more in common with a lantern than with you
This made Gea stop on her tracks, and to cry louder, covering her face with her hands.
"What is it? Come, honey" he called
She shook her head and ran in the opposite direction, towards home. While Daddy called her name

"Gea! Gea! GEA! GEA!" She kept running. She was scared of him. That was too much.
He turned to Oram "What have you told her?"
"Just the truth"
He managed to control his rage.
*Oh, you don't know what you've done* he thought. *Now you've given me a reason*
He smiled "I had to tell her sooner or later.I want to return the gesture. And share some truth with you as well" he motioned him to follow as he led him to the lab.

She jumped to her bed and buried her face in the pillow. "Liar. Liar." She kept saying under her breath.
"Are you alright?"
She recognized Walter's odd yet familiar voice. She turned around, face covered in tears. "Are you a wobot too?"
There was a long silence, in which Walter considered whether confirm it or deny it. But Gea didn't wait "The captain is a Liar! He Said Daddy is a robot! He says..." Her voice quivered
"Maybe you would rather speak to him about this"
"No!"
"Wait here" he exited the room. Daniels arrived shortly after "Hello there"
"Hi" she sobbed "Are you a robot?"
"No" Daniels smiled "I'm human"
"I don't like humans"
"How do you know that if you haven't met one before?"
"I have. Captain"
"Well, he was hurting. He didn't mean it. Besides, I'm not him. I'm another different person."
She sniffed "I'm scared"
"Of your dad?"
She nodded
"Well...he'd never hurt you. I'm sure"
She nodded. "Do you robots even exist?"
Daniels nodded "W..." She stopped when seeing Walter shaking his head behind Gea "In Earth. There are many robots"
"Are they good?"
She nodded, smiling at the Android "They take care of us"
"Daddy takes care of me"