(Update) Nuvole Bianche

Here it is, after two years, I'm back. Basically thanks to anyone who's read the whole thing and left votes and comments. Hopefully you guys will like this.
Sorry it took so long I just wasn't in the right mindset and I can't force myself to write on a story I'm not inspired for.
Tomorrow I will do some updates but I wanted to post it today because it's three years since I wrote the first page of this story.
So there you have it. It's long it's fluffy, I'm very proud of if. Technically it goes before (Un)free Will but idk if Wattpad will let me Change the order.
Anyway, hope you like it.
Xx-Pookie

One year after leaving Paradise....
"Look, Daddy! I've got it! I've mastered it!" Gea ran Into the console room he was in.
He turned to her, looking at him with eager eyes. He knew what was coming, but he wasn't gonna spoil her big announcement. So, he asked the question
"What is it?"
"The song! I finally got it right!!" She was so excited she couldn't help bouncing on the spot

He chuckled. "Which song, dear?"

"You'll know when you hear it!"
He knew already, of course. He didn't need his acute auditive range to hear her practicing over and over during the past week. But, again, he wasn't gonna spoil his girl's big moment.
"Can I hear it, then?" he asked, already raising to his feet.
No sooner had he stood up Gea started to tug his his arm excitedly. "Yes!! Come on!"
He gladly obliged and followed his creation by the Covenant's corridors, and into the space he had redistributed and dubbed 'the music room'. He believed it was Captain Branson's room at first. It wasn't big, unlike the Prometheus. But it was enough to fit a piano he had assembled from bits and pieces kept in the storage room, along with the rest of the colonist's belongings. He had to thank the 2000 good souls. They were each allowed to take 5 items with them. That had provided him and Gea with many activities.

On of them being Mrs.Elba's piano, where father and daughter had spent many wonderful times.

Just as he expected, David saw the tabs of Nuvole Bianche (by Ludovico Eunandi) on the top, and smiled. He quite liked that 21st century artist. He considered this song to be one of his masterpieces and it never failed to trigger a reflective, wistful mood on David.

He stepped closer, and stood behind her. The girl looked at him with eager eyes.
He patted her head, "Go on."
"You'll still love me if I make a mistake, right?"
"What a question dear. You'll do it perfectly."
At 11 years old, Gea had turned a little insecure. Being exposed to so many new challenges after a decade had made her familiar with failure. However, David had encouraged her to persevere regardless of how difficult it seemed.
Since her humanity made successful first tries a rarity, he decided he would value her resistance to throw in the towel above the initial outcomes.

"Practice makes perfect." He told her one, after a particularly hard defeat in chess.
"Your Mummy would also have to practice things before achieving perfection, Gea."

"But you do it!!"

"Well, I've practiced too."

"Really?"

"In my own way, yes. But you needn't become flustered, my dear. I have complete faith in you. You will eventually dominate everything you encounter. That's what matters to me."
Some matches later she had him at check mate.
Well, technically he allowed it. It was impossible for her to genuinely win.
It wasn't her fault, either.
That didn't mean he was gonna purposely lose every time. That wouldn't have taught her anything.
David had to calculate when she rightfully earned a win based on the logic and the strategy this game was supposed to teach her.
Because as much as he hated to see her upset, he wanted her to acquire skills and that meant she had to lose in order to learn from her mistakes.
So wouldn't indulge her every time. But he wouldn't make it impossible either. He wouldn't be neither of those parents. He would be fair and just. He wanted her to be the most exceptional creature. He wanted her to keep proving her own perfection. That meant failing sometimes.