Friday Night

Key: -f/c=favourite colour -d/j=dream job -f/n=first name

AUTHOR'S NOTE: The story begins boring/normal, but it becomes more interesting.

You sit there on your couch with your best friend Dani,listening to Gorillaz and some other bands Dani likes, eating popcorn and chatting. It's nice, you love spending a night in with Dani. Dani loves it too even though she wont admit it as the self proclaimed 'party animal'.

'So how's your love life', Dani asks with a mischievous grin. Oh no she's gonna brag about her relationship status you think to yourself.

'Umm... non existent', You say stuffing your face with popcorn.

'Why?' Dani asks with a confused expression on her face.

'Because- I'm weird and guys our age don't want anything serious'

'I'm weird too... But I found love', here it comes you think whilst internally rolling your eyes.

'Ok-ok I get it you have an amazing boyfriend'

'Well... I have a confession about Michael'

'What is it?'

'We met on tinder'

'What?! So that epic story about him saving Pudsy wasn't true?!' you ask in shock.

'No', Dani laughs, 'I was expecting a different reaction'.

'Told you I'm weird'.

'Anyway you should get tinder!'

'Nahhhhhh', you say in visible awkwardness.

'Pleaaaaaaaaaaase' Dani begs with undeniable puppy dog eyes.

'Ugh- fine' you say pulling out your phone from your pocket and rolling your eyes. You unlock your phone and download tinder. 'What now?' you ask, holding your phone out.

Dani snatches your phone from your hand and begins typing. 'Aspiring (d/j)', Dani mumbles under her breath as she frantically types. About a minute later she smiles proudly and hands you back your phone. You scroll through the images she chose for you and they're thankfully your three favourite instagram photos of yourself. You then scroll down to your bio and read it aloud.

'Hi, I'm (f/n) an aspiring (d/j), I believe myself to be smart, funny, a good listener and creative. My main flaw is probably my indefinite awkwardness. I'm looking for a serious relationship with someone creative, smart and weird like me', You look up at Dani impressed, 'Well done'. She chuckles and smirks in response.

'So let's get swiping', Dani moves next to you so you can both see the phone screen and begins swiping with you.

(1 hour later)

It was all pretty hopeless all the guys you saw or spoke to were no good. Dani was practically asleep and you only had the energy for one more swipe, so that's what you did... And the miracle happened.

Murdoc Niccals, Aged 51, Gorillaz basist. The account read, you scrolled through his photos frantically and realised there's no way this account could be fake. You nudged Dani until she sat up, she eventually looked at the phone screen and her jaw-like yours- practically fell off.

'SWIPE RIGHT! HE'S YOUR CELEBRITY CRUSH!', Dani shouted as she jumped up in excitement for you.

You swiped right and a notification came up, so you read it aloud.

'Murdoc Niccals, Aged 51, Has also swiped right tap here to start talking' Your voice became more high pitch as you came to the end. You were so excited, you had the biggest celebrity crush on Murdoc for ages.

'Wait? Murdoc is 51? You're only 25,' Dani said in disgust as she realisation of the age gap.

'I like older men' You joked, causing Dani to visibly cringe.

You went back to you're phone and saw that Murdoc had already messaged you.

'I'm willing to lower my standards, if you're willing to go on a date with me ;)' reading the message , you could imagine Murdoc standing in front of you with his stupid grin on his face. Dani noticed you were day dreaming and came and read the message.

'This guy's an asshole', Dani remarked with an annoyed expression on her face.

'That's part of the reason he's so hot', You reply proudly.

'Ewe, Anyway what are you gonna say?'

You type for a second or two then read out your reply. 'Sure, but only because you look like trash so someone has to take you out'.

'Ouch', Dani says whilst looking at her phone, '(f/n) It's pretty late we should head to bed'.

You nod in reply and go to your room and lay down together, Dani falls asleep momentarily and you almost do too. But your phone beeps and you're too excited to ignore it.

'Touche, love ;)' Murdoc replies.

'lol, so how've things been with you?'

'Good, just taking a break from touring at the moment'

'Sounds intense'

'It is. Anyway what about you?'

'I've just been working on a few projects to make it as a (d/j)'

'Yeah, I saw that in your bio and thought it was cool'

'thanx'

'Also I know this is off topic, but for the record you're not below standards and I'd love to get to know you more'

'I'm down and for the record, you don't look like trash'

'Hah thanks (f/n)'

Your conversation continued and as you reached 4am you decided to close up your discussion and sleep.

'So (f/n), next Friday, I'll pick you up and we'll get dinner. by the way the restaurant has a dress code, I'll send you a link.'

Murdoc then sends you a link to the restaurant's dress code.

'Yeah, also I'm sleepy now so I'll talk to you later?'

'Sure, night love'

'Night'

You lay back and drifted into sleep, with the thought in the back of your mind your life will never be the same again.