Soldier

It's been over 48 hours since you've left your room after opening the three letters. You spend that time wallowing in sadness and continuously crying at what the last letter could mean. You lie in bed in foetal position under your blankets as you consider. Look up? Like look up to the heavens? Look up? like keep your head up, it's going to be ok? What did Murdoc mean? You just can't understand.

You hear a knock on the wooden door. You remain silent as you don't feel like having any conversation. You hear a knock on the wooden door once again, but this time louder and for a longer duration but still choose to ignore it. You then hear the door aggressively slam open and hear footsteps sprinting towards you. You feel the sheets being aggressively pulled off your body. You open your sore eyes and see  somebody's arms slam down beside either side of your head.  You look up and see Murdoc hovering over you, he's sweating intensely and looks incredibly distressed. You both make eye contact for a brief moment and have an amazing silent unspoken understanding. Murdoc collapses on top of your body as he pulls you into embrace, he buries his head into your neck and you feel a delicate coating of his tears form.

You hug Murdoc back and begin to laugh and cry simultaneously. You feel Murdoc's body in your embrace and notice that it feels a lot stronger than before. Murdoc removes himself from you and hovers over you, you feel his tears fall onto your face, but don't care as you're happy to see his trouble maker smile once again. You smile. Murdoc sits up onto the bed and picks you up and places you onto his lap. Murdoc then gently grabs your face and presses your lips against his.

'You can never escape me (f/n)' Murdoc whispers into your kiss.

You laugh and smile and feel the droplets of tears rolling down your face develop into a stream. You spontaneously hug Murdoc tightly and never want to let go.

'I love you, Murdoc', You some how manage to utter through your trembling voice.

'I love you, (f/n)', Murdoc says tenderly.

You slowly remove yourself from Murdoc's body- once you stop crying- and observe his appearance. You immediately notice the changes in his appearance. You look to his head and realise he's now got a buzz cut. You look confused as you are. You stroke Murdoc's hair, it feels soft. Part of you likes his new hair as it shows off his face, but more of you misses his old hair.

'Like the hair? it was done by a high end hair dresser called Madame Cracker', Murdoc jokes.

'You're still sexy, but I think you should grow it back', You say as you laugh softly.

'I agree', Murdoc says before kissing your neck.

'You want to see the full change?' Murdoc asks, retracting his head from your neck. You nod, Murdoc smiles before placing you on the bed and standing up in front of you. You observe that Murdoc is wearing a white tank top, green camo, army style trousers and some angry looking combat boots. Murdoc looks a lot more muscular than before. Murdoc looks like a soldier, coming back from war.

You then get an idea. You also stand up. You take Murdoc's necklace off of your neck and place it back onto Murdoc, where it belongs. 'To finish your look', you explain as you beam. Murdoc gives you a substantial kiss, before you notice him observing you. You notice Murdoc smile mischievously and bite his lip.

'You look stunning. I missed you, I missed everything about you.' Murdoc states.

Murdoc then spontaneously picks you up, bridal style and takes you out of the room.