Chapter XV

I wake to get out of bed the next morning to go to the bathroom, but fail due to the heavy arm pinning me in place. Brian was sound asleep with his arm around me, holding me so my back was tight against is chest. Is iron grip, which I thought would be a bit more lax with his slumber, wouldnt even allow me to twist. Though I didn't want to wake him at such an early hour, I needed to pee desperately.

I nudge his shin with my heel. He mumbles something incoherent before moving his leg and tightening his hold. I roll my eyes, lacking patience on a full bladder and empty stomach. "Dammit, Bryan!"

He jolts awake. "What's wrong?"

"I need to pee and I am starving. You wouldn't let me go."

"You woke me up for that?" I glare. "I'm kidding. But please come back to bed when you're done. It's still so early."

"It's eight o'clock lazy bones. Don't you have some big Alpha duties to start?" 

I quickly go to the bathroom and brush my teeth. I hated morning breath. For some reason I had taken to rising early. "Nothing too important," he says, snaking his arms around my waist, "my Luna." He brushed my hair back from my neck and kisses his mark, making me groan. "Already so sensitive?" I bite my lip as his lips trail lazily around the mark and just barely brush over it to draw out any other types of reaction that would enlarge his ego. "Now I'm interested to see how sensitive it will be after we complete the mating."

I shut my eyes, leaning back against his chest. He chuckles, knowing what type of control over me had been given to him when he marked me. It didn't help that the only thing between us was my tank top, shorts, and his boxers. It wasn't too difficult to feel his erection behind me. He suddenly whirls my around my my hips, crushing his lips to mine.

He slips his tongue past my lips, battling my own for dominance I hand him after a long moment. He lightly squeezes my ass, earning a little sound of surprise. We were suddenly interrupted my a light knock on the door.

"What?" He growls roughly. "I hope this is important."

I glare at him. "Be nice," I hiss lowly.

He nips at the unblemished side of my neck playfully. I pinch his side, earning a growl. "I am stealing Adalynn," I hear Rachel say. "Maybe break things up before we have to hear you two doing it."

"We aren't doing anything," I say. "Honestly."

"Sure. Be downstairs in an hour."

I bite my lip to keep from laughing at Brian's reaction to my friend's command. He runs his hands over my sides after her footsteps fade. He kisses my neck a few times playfully. I tip my head back, exposing my neck.

I shiver as he scraped his teeth over my mark gently. "It amazes me, all of the stories I hear about the great assassin, when all I have to do to the little wolf is mark her to have complete control." 

I somehow manage to pull myself back from his hold, ignoring my wolf's every plea to run back into his arms. "I am going to go take a shower." A small smirk dances on his lips. "No, you can not join me."

"A guy can try." 

After taking a quick shower, I slip into a dark blue tank top and jeans. I walk downstairs and see my friends all seated in the kitchen. "Ready?" I ask Rachel, Hannah, and Alysandra.

"Woah, woah, woah. No," Brian says. "You're not going out in that."

"Oh?" 

"Look, I know you marked her and all," Nathan starts, "but the guys at the pack mall, even the unmated horny teenagers, know better than to look at their Luna with anything other than respect. Chill."

I smirk as he relaxes behind me if only slightly. "Fine. Have fun." 

He kisses his mark, making me shut my eyes for a second, opening them to find my friends smirking. I blush. "Oh, shut up. All of you."

"Why? You made fun of Rachel and me for weeks," Hannah says. "It's really only fair."

-----

"I can't believe they bought it," Rachel giggles.

To avoid getting guards put on us we had told the guys that the four of us would be going to the pack mall. We were actually driving to the human mall. It was bigger and better overall. I run my hands through my hair, turning on the radio. We make it there in about thirty minutes. 

I was having fun until we reached that store. Victoria Secret. "Why do you feel the need to go in here?" I ask them.

Hannah rolls her eyes. "You are a mated female, Adalynn. Besides, I thought you might like to give Brian a bit of a show at some point."

I roll my eyes. "I'm gonna start heading towards the food court."

"See you," Alysandra says.

I begin to walk away. I get to the bottom of the escalator and feel someone grab my wrist. "Walk normally. It's just me."

Eric. Lovely.

"Why are you here? I was told that unexpected visits would be by Matthew."

"He's running a tough mission right now. The kind that would have been yours if you weren't playing the good Luna. Do me a favor and try to avoid breaking my bones."

I snort. "Don't worry. I think I'll be more prone to just snap your neck than break a few things."

He releases my wrist with a scowl. "Any news?"

"No. Not since I had the phone call with The Master."

"What phone call?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize he answers to you now."

He turns his head. "Your 'friends' are coming back. I guess that means I have to get going. I'll see you soon enough."

Chapter 15 completed. Yay!