Chapter 13

As I walked in the school corridor, I noticed Avan leaning against his locker. I walked to him ready to apologize for my behavior. As soon as he saw me, he smiled. I like the simple fact that he smiled because of me. He kissed me on my cheeks when he greeted me.

"You're not mad at me?" I asked hesitantly testing the water.

"Nope" he said popping the 'p'. I smiled and hugged him which surprised him a bit.

"I'm very sorry for yesterday..." he stopped me by placing his hand over my mouth.

"No. I understand" he said as he placed his hands on my shoulder. He seemed totally happy in fact he seemed excited as if he was waiting for something to happen.

"Avan!" I heard someone squealed happily behind me. I quickly back off and turned to see a gorgeous girl standing. She walked to Avan and gave him a tight hug.

"Hailey!" Avan said as he returned the hug. The eyes of Avan was shining with happiness. "I missed you!" Avan said as he held Hailey in the hug. He moved away and stood there looking at her. I felt a stab in my chest. Hell, why was I jealous? Who is she to him?

"Shyne, This is Hailey Brandon. My best friend for the past ten years" he said flashing a smile to Hailey. Hailey put her hands forward waiting for me to shake her hand which I did.

"Yeah, and I guess you're his girl" Hailey said emotionless. I quickly shook my head to reply no.

"Well, I'm going. Alize must be waiting for me" I said and walked away before they could answer. I've never seen this girl during this whole month, Where does she come from? I hate being jealous. Why was I even being jealous? Avan was not my boyfriend. I need to calm myself. By the way, they were only best friends. Hell! stop thinking about that Shyne! I mentally scolded myself.

I walked to my locker and took a good breath. A blond guy, quite nerdy type, came and smiled at me.

"Hey Shyne" He said as he stood in front of me with a hand full of paper. I haven't really notice him before. "I'm Yoan" he said as he waved at me nervously. I waved back. "Mrs Maxwell is waiting for you in the auditorium" he said as he gave me a paper. "This is your excuse letter. You won't be able to attend your first three classes" he said with a smile. Yes! I wasn't in mood to study. Mrs Maxwell is our music teacher. Yoan waved me goodbye as he walked away.

I went to the auditorium and wondered why the teacher needed me. I opened the door and found some guys sitting in the auditorium too. All of them were boys except one. Hailey Brandon was sitting in the front row, tapping her finger on the seat next to her. Yeah, she was dead nervous. I decided to sit next to her and she gave me a fake smile.

"Hey, you're okay?" I asked hesitantly. She looked at me and shook her head.

"No, I'm not" she replied as she looked at the scene. "I'm nervous to perform in front of people" she said as she played with her fingers.

"Hey, I was nervous too! I even ran away from the auditorium" I said with a chuckle remembering how I was freaked out. " But people here are really cool. So relax" I said as I poked her shoulder. She gave a slight smile and took the guitar which was beside her. She walked on the stage and started playing. Yeah, Damn! This girl was awesome. At the end, I couldn't help but to clap my hands. She came and stood beside me.

"Thank you" she said with a bright smile. I can't believe I was jealous of her. She seemed really cool.

"Welcome" I said. Someone poked my back and I whirled around to see who the poker was. Ethan stood there, his hands in his pockets and flashed one of his heart attack smile.