C H A P T E R 5

Ax stood in front of the little glass podium, which was located only about three metres away from Nathaniel's desk.

His head had been a battlefield all morning long. Thoughts clouded his mind and he didn't even realize how he managed to reach the university.

He hadn't been inside that building in almost ten years and so, he had no idea where Nathan's class was located. He managed to navigate it eventually, after calling Nathan and getting direct orders from him.

His first impression was that there were a lot of brats he'd have to entertain by answering their questions. Five years in prison. Five years completely wasted from his life that would be examined in just one hour. And all that for what? To satisfy the curiosity of some pseudo-philosophers that had no real understanding of all that they read about? Had he done something to deserve being consumed by ignorance?

Ax briefly wondered if Nathan had thought that these children were idiotic enough to need someone else to notify them of why breaking the law is bad. However, Ax could not judge his friend, perhaps they truly were that idiotic.

As he was looking around he noticed a familiar black haired female and immediately felt his lips tugging upward in that copyrighted smirk of his.

So all this time she was hiding in plain sight, he mused silently, but then suddenly another thought forced its way into his mind, fucking hell, don't tell me I fucked a teenager.

She did, however, look more mature than a lot of the other students. But, to be honest, Ax didn't care all that much about their age difference.

He continued looking at her with interest, waiting for the moment she would raise her head and acknowledge his presence.

You won't be ignoring me for long, baby.

Nathaniel stood beside Ax and addressed the crowd. "I'm sure most of you know our guest already, but let me introduce you to Alexander Vidal, who is incidentally a very good friend of mine. He will be answering your questions now." Nathan turned to Ax and grinned wickedly. "Hope you are ready, they are as smart as doorknobs."

Celia's eyes had flung open at the mention of his name and she quickly took her earbuds out. She, then, lifted her head and looked toward the centre of the auditorium, locking her gaze onto the threatening man that she had given herself to. Humiliation filled her senses as she saw him glare at her.

In those moments, she came to the conclusion that Ax was a force of nature. She had felt the knowledge creep up in her subconscious from the first moment she had laid eyes on him but only at that very second did the assumption validate itself and she was certainly, achingly aware.

She couldn't believe her eyes when she was able to comprehend that Ax was truly standing there, wearing a black leather jacket on top of a black, long-sleeved shirt and dark grey jeans. He looked almost edible and Celia had to look down in order to suppress the temptation of walking over to him and ripping the clothing to shreds. The image that was created in her mind was tempting, given, of course, the added bonus of marking him in front of all the women that were ogling him.

You're going crazy, it's official, she thought and turned her gaze away.

She wanted to rest her head on her desk and just forget about where she was. But it wasn't possible, seeing as she was being held captive by him.

"Any questions?" He questioned the room but his eyes never left Celia. Her cheeks had turned red, instantly and she averted her eyes as his voice registered in her mind. Ax wanted nothing more than to grab her by the waist, throw her on a desk and give her a reason to truly feel embarrassed.