C H A P T E R 18

"Tell me you at least stabbed him in the eye. I hear it's a talent of yours." Ax commented lightly as Mick crossed the threshold of his garage with a big shit-eating grin on his rugged features.

He sighed regretfully. "No, I'm afraid not. Xavier got there before I took my knives out." But he had done something bad, that much was apparent. He was waiting for the opportunity to gloat.

Unfortunately, it wasn't a time for gloating, there were more pressing matters at hand.

"Did you make sure the fucker won't touch anyone else?"

Mick nodded. "Xavier made extra sure he remembered all of us." Ax mimicked the reaction. "Then that's all I need to know." He said, thankful that at least one of their never-ending problems had been dealt with. "And your girl? How is she?"

Mick smiled as Aurelia's face appeared in his mind. "Happier. Her nightmares stopped and she's thinking about going back to school next week."

Ax saw the look on his face and couldn't keep the question from flying away from his parted lips. "You love her, don't you?" There was no verbal reply needed. Mick grinned, nodding his head.

He would never forget her face when he had told her that she didn't have to worry about that sorry excuse of a man anymore. Tears escaped from her chocolate brown eyes and she threw her arms him, not even bearing the thought of even an inch separating their bodies.

Just a few hours ago she had confessed that she had fallen in love with him but that wasn't what had caught him by surprise. He was surprised that he confessed that he felt the same.

He loved her and he had to let her go.

What a terrible thing love is, tearing people apart more often than bringing them together.

Mick kept giving himself days.

Days to let her go.

But the days had turned into weeks and he still was telling himself he had time.

He was forgetting, however, that time was nothing but an illusion.

"I'm glad" He really was. "Fuck, you have no idea how glad I am." His mind kept him from hugging the motherfucker and letting him know how much he deserved it.

"If you start crying, I'm leaving." He threatened, his own eyes glistening at the corners.

Ax started looking around his shop, avoiding his friend's eyes as he raised the back of his hand and brought it to wipe whatever traces of his momentary lapse there were. "I didn't fucking bring you here to cry my fucking ass out, idiot." His eyes fell on a previously beautiful vehicle, which now was nothing more than a somewhat destroyed piece of metal. It would take a lot to fix it, but thankfully, Ax's persistence would never let him give up on it.

Mick's devilish brown eyes followed Ax's. He grimaced as soon as he saw the royal blue paint. Fucking hell. "Is that?" He knew damn well it was.

"Eros' Jaguar XJ6? Yes, it is." His heart bled for the fucking car. Rightfully so, considering he was the one who had restored it in the first place. He remembered that day, the band had just released their first album and Scott, their manager, had given them a bit of cash in advance. Eros had been looking at that particular car for almost two years and even though their parents had offered to buy it for him, he kept telling them that he wanted to buy it on his own.

Stubbornness was a common trait in that family.

That day, Eros had strolled around the house laughing and singing. Andromeda had locked herself in the bathroom and cried her heart out. It had been the first time in years that her eldest son had been in such a joyful mood, it had been too much for her. After she had managed to pull herself together, Lorenzo had coaxed her into coming outside to see what had made Eros so damn happy.