C H A P T E R 7

Celia asked Apollo to stop for a minute. He complied, placing the needle gun on a little table which was located next to the chair. She sat up and focused her attention on the artwork that decorated the open space of his tattoo room. "It's not something I normally discuss with people." She let out slowly. Apollo nodded and waited to see if she would continue. When she didn't, he decided to ask her the one question that had been pestering him since the first time she had walked through his shop's threshold.

He remembered feeling an unfamiliar tug at his stomach when he saw her scars for the first time. It had been the same feeling he had when Eros had broken down after quitting from his band. His brotherly instinct had been activated and it had not turned off ever since.

"Did someone hurt you?" He asked tentatively. His voice had turned a little bit quiet and Celia understood what he was secretly asking about. He wanted to know if she had been abused and or maybe even raped.

Celia shook her head quickly. A small part of her wished she had been abused, as illogical as that sounded, because at least then she would have been a victim.

"No. I hurt someone I really loved, that's all." That's all? Those words were so simple yet so complex. I hurt everyone I love, that's all. I kill everything I touch, that's all. That's fucking all.

Apollo knew that her vague reply hid a deeper meaning but he wasn't the type of man to force someone into confessing their secrets when they were not ready, that was Father Logan's responsibility. Instead of interrogating her further, he stood up, tugging her arm so that she would follow his lead stand. He, then, pulled her into a bone-crushing hug.

It was the only way Apollo knew how to offer comfort and at that specific moment, it was all Celia needed. A few wayward tears were able to escape from her eyes before the feeling surrounded her and she let them run freely. Apollo's arms tightened around her small frame protectively.

 Apollo's arms tightened around her small frame protectively

Ax had just received a phone call from Olivia, Theo's nanny. However, even if her official title ended there, Ax's whole family knew that she and Eros shared much more than a typical employer-employee relationship.

According to Olivia, Eros had an episode again, after she had confessed her desire to leave. Ax was not sure as to what the right thing to do was. He had only met the woman once and that was also the number of times he had seen his brother and his nephew in five years.

When he had seen him, Eros had been as normal as he could be, given his condition. And Olivia had appeared content but appearances can be rather deceiving. Ax thought that if he went to Apollo and asked for his help things would work out as they usually did when the brothers joined forces.

He was right outside of his shop,  not knowing if he should call his parents before talking with his youngest sibling. After a few moments of doubt, he realized that calling his parents would only result in his mother's unnecessary panic and hysteria. With that in mind, Ax walked into the tattoo parlour.