C H A P T E R 8

The drive to Eros' house had been long and silent and Celia could not help but try to break the silence every now and then, reminding him that she had no business coming with him. Her earlier reaction had been forgotten completely as she now focused on the sound of the breaths that left her.

She understood that Ax was troubled about something but she was not going to let herself be concerned about the man, she had enough problems as it was. Also, he was nothing to her. Yes, she had spent the night with him and a few hours earlier he had made her incredibly frustrated when he denied her the simple pleasure of release but she didn't know him.

They came at a stop perhaps half an hour after they had begun their journey. Ax parked his jeep next to white mustang while she gazed at the house. Well, the term house would be an understatement, it was more of a mansion.

It was ivory in colour with a cool toned grey roof and marble statues decorating the two main balconies which were seated on the top floor. It was magnificent but it wasn't a home, at least not in her mind. A home was a sanctuary, not an art gallery or a glass prison. Thankfully, there were a lot of trees and so, it didn't feel as suffocatingly expensive.

"Eros?" She questioned stupidly as if Ax had any more hidden siblings.

He turned to glance at her while opening his door and getting out. "So is that how you knew who I was? My brother? What? Does his Wikipedia mention me?" Ax arched an eyebrow in her direction.

"Hate to disappoint you but I've never Googled him." She replied in the same manner.

"No?"

Celia waited until she was out of his car, mentally cursing at him for making her go into a stranger's home. Even if that stranger used to be a famous singer.

Eros was one of the founding members of Cupid's Bow, a band that had been able to dominate the charts as a worldwide phenomenon just a few days after its second album had been released. Their songs were constantly on MTV and the radio. But one day, at one of his concerts, Eros Christopher Vidal had quit without giving any explanation.

"No." She confirmed.

Ax was not sure of his actions. Why did he decide to bring her along with him? Why did he need to know exactly where she was? He had seen her in his brother's shop and instantly a primitive feeling had emerged. He had felt the need to protect her from whatever it was for causing her harm, even though they were two warm bodies that knew practically nothing about each other.

"Come on," once they were both outside of the vehicle, Ax grabbed her wrist and led her towards the house. Nothing looked out of the ordinary except maybe for the yells she could hear coming from the house and the unmistakable sound of glass breaking.

"Fucking hell, Eros. What have you done this time?" Ax questioned under his breath, fully aware that his brother's actions would not result in anything pleasant.

He led her to the front door of the house. It was a short walk from where he had parked the car but it seemed like miles to Celia's troubled mind. Every time a shattering sound filled the afternoon air she had to resist the urge to cringe while Ax remained unaffected, letting only a pained sigh every once in a few seconds.

He didn't seem like his usual self Celia noted.

Knowing that, she reminded herself not to anger him while they were inside that house.

It isn't time to let angry Ax out of his cage just yet, she thought and had to stifle a giggle despite the situation she had found herself in.

Ax unlocked the door which was dyed the exact same shade of white as the rest of the house. He moved around with an unmistakable air of confidence while she was left trailing behind him like a lost puppy.